Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coffeegirl91280 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 10:21 AM
    Father gets SSI and we do not get child support
    My children do not currently receive child support from their father. He recently applied and started receiving SSI benefits so now we really can't get any help from their father. Any ideas to get help from the father? I am a single mom of 2 pre teens and I work but I still need help taking care of his kids that he never sees.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2011, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeegirl91280 View Post
    My children do not currently receive child support from their father. He recently applied and started receiving SSI benefits so now we really can't get any help from their father. Any ideas to get help from the father? I am a single mom of 2 pre teens and I work but I still need help taking care of his kids that he never sees.
    For starters, we need to know where you are located. Laws vary by region.

Was there a court order for child support prior to the father being placed on SSI? If so, he still owes any arrears that may have been ordered.

Have you applied to get SSI benefits for the children due to their father receiving them?
    chelay clark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 06:44 AM
    I am a single parent that needs help.I am currently unemployed and in despret need of help my kids father receives ssi and does not heip us at all so my question is were do I stand what type of help can I get for him to recongnize us and stand up and be a man and help us

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The father receives SSI, I can not get child support. [ 1 Answers ]

The father receives SSI, the child support office in my county just inform me that he does not have to pay child support? Do anyone know if I can still go after him by filing a claim myself and show proof that he has a business that he is not reporting to Social Secuirty?

Can child support be taken from my child father ssi [ 2 Answers ]

My child father I not currently working and is on public asstistaces and recivces ssi so I wanted to know if child support can be taken from his ssi

How can I get child support from the father that has ssi [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried but they keep saying I cant

Father on SSI so no child support? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, My children's father is on SSI and does not pay his court ordered child support. I also know that he has been working under the table for some time now (and is earning more than me) and still will not pay his child support. He is 15 months behind on payments. I had a child support case...

View more questions Search