Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LaylaSolara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 02:17 PM
    At risk for Parental Abandonment?
    My friend has a child with someone she is no longer dating. They were never married, however paternity has been established through the child support system. The child's father occasionally pays child support but not all the time, and rarely visits the child.
    If my friend was to take her 3-yr old to the child's fathers house and leave the child with him and leave for two months and come back, is it child abandonment?
    She's writing a letter with all her daughter's allergies and doctors numbers and everything on it, and her house phone number so the dad can contact her, but he's not going to be aware that's she laving the baby with him until he sees her drive away...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2012, 02:23 PM
    It is not since she is arranging for the care of the child. They should do the agreement in writing, to prove it was agreed to, and state why even.

The father could if they did not, in about a month lie, and try to get a change in custody based on it, but if it is shown that it is a temp issue, there should be no issue, he is merely getting an extended visit with the child

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the time frame for parental abandonment in Washington state? [ 8 Answers ]

A friend of mine asked me to take her son for a while and i told her yes as long as she made sure she gave me temp custody of him so i can get him in school and medical coverage. She agreed but the paper she gave me was a scribbled note that no one will take. ive had him for 2 months now and i ask...

Child Abandonment/Parental Rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 21 month old daughter with my soon-to-be ex husband. He has not seen nor had any contact with her for 16 months. I have a protection from abuse order on him, but he has been allowed supervised visits since she was born, just never taken advantage of that. We live in Maine. My current...

Parental Rights/Abandonment Laws [ 3 Answers ]

My best friend is 8 months pregnant and at first the father told her that he wanted to stay with her and continued to tell her that he loved her and a few months later he stopped staying in contact with her and she has no way of getting in contact with him. She found out a couple months ago when...

Can my ex's parental rights be terminated on the cause of abandonment? [ 3 Answers ]

Can I get my ex's parental rights terminated? I have not heard from him since he moved almost 2 years ago. He moves all the time and owes over $7500 in back child support. Sometimes I receive payments and can go months without payments. The fights with the courts go on and on and just as soon as...

View more questions Search