Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jnikrsyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 03:23 AM
    If there is no court order for custody for my child can the mother move out of state
    The mother and I split up and she moved to her moms house. Then I find out she moved to Michigan with an ex boyfriend a couple days later. She didn't tell me or even let me see him before she left. She even parked the truck I let her use in a parking lot with keys stashed in the wheel well
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 14, 2012, 03:52 AM
    If there is no order for custody and visitation then yes she can move. That doesn't mean you can't bring the child back. You need to file locally, IMMEDIATELY for custody and visitation. If she is allowed to stay in MI long enough to establish residency, then she can file there. But if you file immediately, jurisdiction will be where the child was born.

I suggest contacting an attorney to file.
    Jnikrsyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 04:02 AM
    My son was born in Wisconsin and she moved back to Florida where I lived. She was here for 8 months and then moved to Michigan
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 14, 2012, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnikrsyn View Post
    My son was born in Wisconsin and she moved back to Florida where I lived. She was here for 8 months and then moved to Michigan
    Then you have six months, from the time they moved, to file in Florida.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I move out of state with my daughter if there's no court order? [ 3 Answers ]

Can I move out of state with my daughter without telling her father since there's no court order

No child custody order, can I move out of state? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter's father has been in and out of trouble, and on/off heroin for the past 6 yrs. He doesn't pay child support and is not court ordered to do so. He gets supervised visits with her because of his drug use and a few weeks ago, he stated that he is bad off on drugs and was going to rehab. A...

Maryland no custody order can I move out of state [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Maryland. There is no custody order and he and I were never married. His name is on the girls birth certificates. We have had no contact for 3 years with him and he has failed to pay child support which was enstated in 1/2010 outside of $41. I lost my job and have to move and the only...

How can I move out of state with my son when there is a court order? [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a way to fight a court order and move out of state with my son? Currently he spends 1/2 the time with the father and 1/2 with me. Our judge at 1 point put me on supervised visits ordererded me into anger managemrent. After a few monthes his father took me off the visits giving...

We are married and no custody order,can I move with the kids out of state? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been legaly separated for almost 3 years and have agreed to do rotating custody which he broke last year for 3 months when he left the state but now he's back and I want to move out of Florida to be near my family for help and a job. Am I allowed? We have no divorce decree or...

View more questions Search