Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rissatey18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 05:32 PM
    I am 18 and I would like to get Custody of my younger sister
    January 1, 2011 My mother died and left me and my two sisters with my maternal grandmother. Two months later, my sisters decided that they no longer wanted to live with my grandmother any more. My middle sister went to live with my very loving and caring grandfather and our step grandmother and their daughter aunt # 2 my youngest sister went to live with my step aunt # 3. 3 months later aunt # 2 starts putting her hands on middle sister and then aunt # 3 and her children move in with my grandfather. In November, My grandfather died and that's when things took a turn for the worst. My middle sister now has two bald spots in her head and my youngest sister hasn't gotten a new pair of clothes since Christmas of 2011. My aunt # 3 is moving to Tennessee In June and she wants to take my baby sister with her. My middle sister is doing fine now but the problem is that My aunt # 3 is taking all of my sisters money and using it on her children. Please help I need to know what it is I can do to get full not joint but full custody of her. I live in Manassas, VA and I really want to get her out of this situation and FAST!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2012, 05:37 PM
    Someone does not just "leave" their kids in a will to someone, Children would have to be placed with the person who has legal custody, their father would be the first one to have a legal claim.

After that, they would go though Family court and get guardianship or custody of the children.

So who has done this, and how was it done a the death of the mother.

Unless these kids are over 18, they don't just decide they want to move
    rissatey18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 06:21 PM
    Well in my mother's will, she asked that we be placed in her mother's custody. Their father gave up custody of them when they were 2 and 3. My grandmother went to court and they asked my sisters where they wanted to live and they told her so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting custody of my younger sister. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is bianca and I wanted to get some help on getting custody for my 16 year sister that lives in New York I currently live in nj and I am 23 years of age my little sister is in the system I do not know too much information our mother is not in the picture again and my little sisiter is...

Older sister wants custody of younger brother [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 25-year-old woman seeking custody of my 16-year-old brother who is out of control in my mother's care. We are technically half siblings, but I raised him. His biological father is my stepdad, who adopted me when I was 13. My parents both worked a lot and so I was left to care for my brother...

Want custody of my younger sister. [ 1 Answers ]

Im almost 19 and my sister is almost 15. She lives with her mom and our father. Ive recently come across some information that was not good. She hates living there and they treat her badly. I would like to get custody of her rather than her being sent to a foster home. I can provide for her...

View more questions Search