Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sreenip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 09:52 PM
    Explain the principle and working of induction type energy meter
    Only texts
    sinnadurai Posts: 127, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2011, 03:20 AM
    It has 2 coils called current coil and voltage coil. As the voltage applied is always the system voltage(110 or 230 single phase or 220 or 400 3 phase) the excitation is same.But as the current increases the current coil will rotate the aluminium rotor at higher speed so that the kwh reading shown by the counter coupled to the rotor shaft will increase. This was what I learnt in 1960s. Now new technologies(eg:digital)may be used. Contact a reputed manufacturer.
    mohitsachdeva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 09:53 PM
    The principle behind the working of energy meter is emi , i.e. electromagnetic induction...
    Working is based on the revolution or u can say rotation of the al. disc due to the induced eddy currents in it which react with the flux of the shunt n series magnet to produce effective torque...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About electromegnet induction type energy meter [ 1 Answers ]

In electromegnet induction type energy meter why the rotating alluminium disk is perforated? Its surface is dotted and rough, why? Send me replay

Pl explain 3 phase energy meter working principle and how can reduce electric cost [ 1 Answers ]

I hope the energy meter will consider only the amount of current flow in case if I improve p.f. And reduce the current flow in mains circuit,is it will help to reduce my electricity bill, and reducing produce heat, loss of electricity. Kindly pardon my english.thanks

About electromegnet induction type energy meter [ 1 Answers ]

About electromegnet induction type energy meter -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In electromegnet induction type energy meter why the rotating alluminium disk is perforated? Its surface is dotted and rough, why? Send me replay

View more questions Search