Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amtmempho7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Mercury grand marquis overdrive light
    I have a 2000 mercury grand marquis. Occasionally the green overdrive off light on the

Dash spontaneously comes on and my trans mission has trouble changing gears. Is
    Anyone familiar with this condition?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 10:36 AM
    You have a transmission issue. The light should not be flashing on and off.

You can try to have the filter & fluid serviced but it will probably require more than that to remedy the problem.
    doctortemsah Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 01:03 AM
    Check the O/D button over driving, does it make any change? Maybe it's an electronic problem or related to the button,
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amtmempho7
    i have a 2000 mercury grand marquis. occasionally the green overdrive off light on the

dash spontaneously comes on and my trans mission has trouble changing gears. Is
    anyone familiar with this condition?
    Have a diagnostic test done to see if any transmission fault codes have been set. The same scan tool that does that can usually read transmission data. Monitoring the data while duplicating your shift problem could pinpoint the fault exactly.
    benitez90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 07:18 AM
    If the overdrive off light is on , does that mean that it is enabled? The off part with the green light on throws me off... I would appreciate a reply thanks.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 8, 2012, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benitez90 View Post
    if the overdrive off light is on , does that mean that it is enabled ?? the off part with the green light on throws me off ... i would appreciate a reply thanks.
    No, if the "Overdrive Off" is on that is to alert you that you will not have overdrive available. If that light is coming on without you selecting it to be on that is usually an indicator that something isn't functioning properly and needs addressed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 mercury grand marquis troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 93 grand marquis that is in Montana and after a recent cold morning, around 5 degrees, I wasn't able to start my car. I have never had this problem before. Last year it would start in below zero. I took the battery out of my 97 van and put it in the car and could not start the car. ...

2000 mercury grand marquis [ 2 Answers ]

My interior lights will not shut off I can't even find the door switch to check if it is stuck I finally had to remove the bulbs

2000 mercury grand marquis [ 1 Answers ]

My interior light s will not shut off on a 2000 merc. Grand marquis any ideas?

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the crank sensor lacated on a 92 Grand Marquis with a 4.6 liter engine?

93 Mercury Grand Marquis that Won't Come out of Park and go into gear [ 1 Answers ]

I have 93 Mercury Grand Marquis, it seems to be stuck in Park, it starts and runs just fine, wheel turns and everything, it just won't come out of park and go into gear? :(

View more questions Search