Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bishop.kenneth1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 05:19 PM
    EtG test will I pass or fail for one beer?
    I know this question is asked a lot on here and I'm sorry for the repeat but I have not seen any spacific answers to my question. I had one 12 oz beer on on wedsday at 10pm and unknown to me at that time I had to take a egt test on Friday. I took the test at 215pm. Will I test positive for that one beer?

Thanks in advance for your time.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop.kenneth1 View Post
    I know this question is asked a lot on here and I'm sorry for the repeat but I have not seen any spacific answers to my question. I had one 12 oz beer on on wedsday at 10pm and unknown to me at that time I had to take a egt test on Friday. I took the test at 215pm. Will I test positive for that one beer?

Thanks in advance for your time.
    Ken

It would be a great help to know why you think you could be positive for EtG 52 hours after drinking one beer.

In direct response to your question, there is no record of anyone ever testing positive for EtG at that time span following consumption of 1 beer (one standard drink US).

So please help me by stating the basis for your concern, and posting the results of your test, in that order.

Thanks

NOTICE: Any person or entity that is subjected to or relies on EtG testing should read this Advisory issued by the US Department of Health and Human Services, September 2006 and remains in effect as of date of this posting. Copy available here > US DHHS Advisory
    bishop.kenneth1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 06:24 PM
    I am just worried because it was a random screen for drugs and alcohol that I had to submit to due to probation I'm on for a minor misd offense. I occasionally have one beer after work and the next day went to my appt and the my office said I had to go for a urine screen the next day. So just kind of worried me. Thanks for the reply. Also I added it up to be like 40 hrs after. 10pm on wendsday and then took test at 215 or so on Friday.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2012, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop.kenneth1 View Post
    I am just worried because it was a random screen for drugs and alcohol that I had to submit to due to probation I'm on for a minor misd offense. I occasionally have one beer after work and the next day went to my appt and the my office said I had to go for a urine screen the next day. So just kinda worried me. Thanks for the reply. Also I added it up to be like 40 hrs after. 10pm on wendsday and then took test at 215 or so on Friday.
    My apologies. I calculated from AM as opposed to PM (DrBill answers while glancing down, blushing and uttering what sounds like a mild profanity).

The answer remains exactly the same.

Please advise of your results.
    rocky0508 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2013, 07:39 PM
    Dr. Bill I had 3.5 beers Sunday morning while bowling the last drink being around 2:00 p.m. I will be doing an EtG test tomorrow at around 5:00 and wondering if I will be clear. I drank them pretty slow mostly sipping... 3 beers in 3 hours then another half before I decided I was done.

Is there a chart to reference as to how quickly alcohol is metabolized?

I have been sober for 1-1/2 years and had no issues... just made a dumb decision the other day. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will a swallow of beer make you fail an EtG test [ 5 Answers ]

On Wednesday at 8:30pm I had two swallows of Icehouse beer, and Thursday I accidentally sipped someone's wine thinking it was my glass, however, it was not a mouthful. Friday morning at 8:00am I had to take a random ETG test, will I test positive? (I drank water regularly and on Thursday after I...

1 beer/18 hours later urine ETG test... Will I pass [ 1 Answers ]

I had 1 beer(7%) at midnight and had a urine test at 5:45 the next day(roughly 18 hours). Do you think I passed the ETG test? I definitely made a mistake, and I'm paying for it by all the worrying I've been doing the last few days. Im a healthy 25 year old male, 175 pounds, 5'10. I urinated 4-6...

Will I pass an ETG test after drinking one beer [ 7 Answers ]

I drank one beer at 8PM with dinner and thereafter started flushing my system with water after I knew I messed up. I got up and went to the gym for 2 hours. Drank liter after liter of water and green tea. I took vitamin B and C and creatine (sp) to hopefully combat the diluted urine. I pissed...

If I drink one beer 2 nights before my EtG test can I pass [ 0 Answers ]

Hey I'm on probation I weigh 130 pounds and I'm 5"9 I'm very skinny and think I have a EtG test on Monday at 5 pm and on the previous Friday I had two beers will I pass

View more questions Search