Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nustyle Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 04:25 PM
    How long does alcohol stay in your urine after one drink
    I had 1 smirnoff ice cooler and a quarter of a dixie cup(small one) of champagne yesterday I was done by 7pm! I urinated once and had a bottle of water and some cranberry juice! I got urine tested today at 12:24am that's 5hours and 24mins... I am 5'11, 160lb male in good health will I pass my test?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2012, 04:30 PM
    You finished drinking at 7 pm... what time did you urinate. Where are you being tested at midnight? If you were being tested for alcohol (EtOH) the results should have been immediate.

Apr 30, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    You finished drinking at 7 pm......what time did you urinate. Where are you being drug-tested at midnight?
    I finished drinking at 7pm that is correct... and I got tested after midnight cause I reside at at halfway house and my curfew is midnight so I got tested when I got back to the house and I urinated exactly at 12:24am
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nustyle View Post
    i finished drinking at 7pm that is correct....and i got tested after midnight cause i reside at at halfway house and my curfew is midnight so i got tested when i got back to the house and i urinated exactly at 12:24am
    I'm interested in when you urinated between the drink and the test. Not for the sample.

At a half-way, they usually test on site which would have made the result available immediately. Usually an immunoassay, (dip stick type). Do they test you each night?

One final question. What type of container was used? Was it clear plastic, lines on it, with a sealable colored top?

At 5 hours you would not have had alcohol in blood or breath but as EtOH is eliminated from blood some amount is deposited in urine and it stays there until you evacuate. Following me.

Apr 30, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    I'm interested in when you urinated between the drink and the test. Not for the sample.

At a half-way, they usually test on site which would have made the result available immediately. Usually an immunoassay, (dip stick type). Do they test you each night?

At 5 hours you would not have had alcohol in blood or breath but as EtOH is eliminated from blood some amount is deposited in urine and it stays there until you evacuate. Following me.
    Urinated at around 8pm before the test, so that's about 4 and a half hours! At this halfway house they send your sample to the lab not the dip stick test! And I'm not foloowing you completely on the last comment about evacuate... what is it you mean!
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Evacuate just another word for urinate. Check my container question above.

Here's the story. When you drink alcohol it some is metabolized in your stomach, some is absorbed into your blood, delivered to the liver where it is broken down (metabolized). That stage is absorption and distribution. After you stop drinking (7 pm) then all of the alcohol continues to be metabolized and winds up in your urine. At 8 PM you would still have had some alcohol in your system... not much. So when you urinated at 8 you emptied all trace of that but there was still some in your system and that would have wound up in your urine about 30-60 minutes later. It would stay there until you urinated again. So you may have had some EtOH in urine but it may have been below the level of detection.

If you had urinated again at 10 or 11 your urine would have been clear.
    danescott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
    If I had 4 shots of vodka and stopped at 7pm took a urine the next day at 8am took 3 urines between the times.I took the last one at 6 am then took the test at 8am. Its not an instant test
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2012, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danescott View Post
    If i had 4 shots of vodka and stopped at 7pm took a urine the next day at 8am took 3 urines between the times.i took the last one at 6 am then took the test at 8am. Its not an instant test
    That would not be enough time (13 hr) to eliminate EtG resulting from 4 shots of vodka.

There would be no alcohol present but probably high level of EtG/EtS
    joepepsi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2013, 10:36 AM
    Dr Bill

If you have 4 drinks Friday night starting at 4 pm and ending at 10 pm... will there be any ETG in the urine by Sunday night ( approx 46-48 hours later?

For a 150 pound male who has less than 10% body fat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does alcohol stay in urine [ 8 Answers ]

I live in a clean and sober house, I drank four beers on Friday and about a half of one on Saturday. When I got home on Sunday I got a UA, I want to know how accurat the send in ua's are for the alcohol and if that is enough to register in my urine.

How long does alcohol stay in urine? [ 0 Answers ]

I didn't have but four beers and a shot ouit at 8:30 did'nt have a test until 7:00 the next night

How long does alcohol stay in your urine [ 1 Answers ]

How long does alcohol stay in your urine my boyfirnd had alcohol on wenday and today is sat will it be in his urine today?

How long does alcohol stay in your urine? [ 2 Answers ]

If I drank 10 beers a night for three days in a row, and had a urine test for my dui conviction 100 hours later will I pass

View more questions Search