Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaabid002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 03:52 AM
    Bump on inside of nose from nose piercing
    I have had my nose pierced for about two months now . It was pierced by the gun. I have heard that is bad. After 3 days I changed my nose pin. Then after one week I changed it again. After one month I had a big red blister outside my nose. I guess a blood blister? After popping it . The blister went down and now its fine. HOWEVER! I have Two bumps on the INSIDE of my nose. One bigger than the other and they are the color of my nose?? IS THIS NORMAL CUZ I am really really really freaking out! What do I do?
    mrcrebs27 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 07:25 PM

I had something similar happen with my ears. Using a gun can actually be bad on thick cartilage. After getting ear pierced for the third time it was kind of swollen and bumped up later on. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Its probably just a reaction to the piercing and changing out the stud. Try and leave one stud in for a while until the bumps go down or go away. Can cut back on irritation. If it gets worse or it really scares you can always go to the doctor. Or if you know anyone that is a nurse you can have them look at it and see what they say. My mom is a nurse and she is the first person I ask about everything and she always helps me. Good luck!
    babeygurl_08 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 08:12 PM

Those are most likely keloids forming, they are scar tissue, but if they are pussing or bleeding when you popped it , that means there is an infection. And yes gun piercings for noses are very bad it breaks the cartlidge, best thing to do is to clean your hands every single time before touching your nose, and get sea salt, gauze and boil some water. Put about to pinches of sea salt in a cup then dip the gauze into the cup and soak the inside and outside of your nose for 5 minutes every night and it should bring the bumps down, but if they persist I say just take it out, because it often occurs they those kind of bumps just keep re-appearing until the piercing is gone.
    Angelee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 02:28 PM
    All right, ready for a completely different idea? I had The Bump for several weeks. Eventually it became infected (swollen, red, painful and pus-filled), and none of the “normal” remedies were doing it for me. Sea salt made it feel better for a minute or two but caused a huge amount of dry skin and crust. Then, I remembered that when I had my (clitoral) hood pierced years ago my piercer did not give me sea salt to clean it with, but instead said that urine is an antiseptic to your own body, so just going pee would keep it clean. So I tried it with my nose. That's right… I've been applying my own urine to my nose piercing. For A DAY AND A HALF now. And not only is the soreness gone but the bump is almost entirely vanished, with nearly no dry skin, pus or crust. Seriously, it is a miracle. You might think it's gross to apply your pee to your face, but how grossed out are you when you look at that bump in the mirror, and how embarrassed are you to be seen with it in public? This is amazing, and much a much milder experience than you might expect.
    How I do it: I keep a small cup in the bathroom, and just catch a little bit every time I go to the bathroom. Then I soak a cotton ball in it, squeeze out the excess and apply for about two or three minutes. Sometimes I'll soak a Q-tip also and apply it to the inside of my nostril at the same time for maximum immersion. When I'm done I wash my hands, pat the piercing dry with a clean towel, and I'm good to go.
    It's been less than two days, folks. Give this a try if you're sick of trying remedies that don't work or are taking too long for you to stand.
    karene Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 06:52 PM
    Ive noticed bumps on the inside of my nose. They look like pimples. When I touch them with a Q-tip, they don't hurt or bother me, and it almost looks like snot (sorry guys).

I had my nose pierced about a year ago. Three months after I got my piercing and it healed, my stud fell out in my sleep. I replaced it with a nose ring I bought at Claires. I'm not sure if my piercing has something to do with it or if it's because of my allergies.. .

I'm concerned, could someone let me know what they think?

Appreciate it
    lilybop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 08:49 AM
    I have a question . I got my nose pierced about a month ago and I have had a lump appear were the piercing is but on the inside , it doesn't bother me but when I take the stud out to clean it it hurts incredibly and when I put it back in it hurts just as much . It was done at a piercing studio with a gun and it was fine for the first week but then the lump appeared . I'm not sure what to do so any solutions would be hugely gratefully . Thanks
    AimeeMeg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
    @Angelee , does pee really work? I'm having this problem too with a lump on the inside of my nose. It seems to be a fleshy mass but it's sore some times and well it's just annoying, I can't get my piercing out at the moment. Any remedy would be good.
    lilaba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
    I have the same problem. I've had my nose pierced just under two months and got it done with a needle. The bumps have only just appeared, one red scabby bump on the outside and a white fleshy one on the inside. I changed it for the first time the other day and it really hurt and the bump inside bled a little. Now it's red and quite tender, and salt water doesn't really work. Might try @Angelee method if it actually works! I'm so worried about it I'll try anything!
    ciarralovesyou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 08:37 AM
    I have the same problem right now, I took my piercing out because I got so scared it was infected, I've been cleaning it very good every day and night, the bump seems to come and go, I think it starts to come back if like, say I actidentally pull my piercing out, the bump will come up again, I really don't want it to be there, I'm willing to let my piercing heal up if it means that this bump will go away. ~ciarra

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nose piercing? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I've just recently had my cartilage pierced and I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced in the next few months. Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice about it, and what the safest way to go about it is. Thanks. X

Blister on nose,size of silver dollar, nose res,hot swollen [ 5 Answers ]

Please help us. My husband 53 yrs old. Woke up 3 days ago with a Dark red, very hot to touch, swollen nose with a blister, the size of a silver dollar. It still hasn't broken and also the first day his cheeks were red and hot to touch. We have no insurance and he won't go out of the house. I have...

Is this nose piercing bump a keloid? [ 20 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if this bump around my nose pierce looks 'normal'? The piercing is almost a month old and this bump has only gotten a little smaller in the last week. I had another one earlier in the piercing that was smaller and shrank a bit, but didn't go away completely. My piercer said...

Bump on nose piercing pushes ring out [ 5 Answers ]

So, I pierced my nose twice before already. I noticed some other people having the same bump I did however, when I had my bump, it would literally push out the ring. Both times I had it pierced it came out completely and couldn't get it back in. I want to pierce my nose again because I loved it...

Nose piercing? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my nose pierced abot a month ago And I have a little buump at the side of the piercing. Im not sure what it is But is there anything I can do to get rid of it. Currently I'm wearing the studs that have the ball at the end and the ball slips out a little and my whole keeps closing in...

View more questions Search