Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alumaman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 06:46 PM
    Watts premier faucet leaking out little hole in the back
    Watts premier RO faucet leaking out little hole in the back, what is causing this?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 01:34 AM

Looks like they are not too helpful. https://www.wattspremier.com/pages.php?pageid=43

Probably time to rebuild the faucet.
    mustangjim1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 01:50 PM
    The correct answer is the airgap is clogger where it drains into the sink. When you first install the RO you drill a hole into the tailpipe of your drain, and connect the supplied drain saddle (Part that wraps around the tailpipe). The hole is very small in the tail pipe and when you throw food, grease, it clogs this hole either partially or fully. When this happens then the water runs all over the sink through the weep hole. Which is the worst design I EVER seen.

To fix: By hand unscrew the black compression nut (one that the tube is going into). Get a pipe cleaner or piece of wire, clean out the tube AND especially the drain saddle. Reassemble and problem should be fixed.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 04:18 PM
    Hi Mustangjim

I managed to give you a negative rating on your answer BY MISTAKE. I have asked a moderator to remove the negative, but it will probably be some time until you see it removed! Sorry about that!~

A positive rating will follow soon after that. Your answer was very helpful!

Thanks for posting!

Mark
    diy4life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 05:39 AM
    I bought a house with the Watts Premier RO system already installed. The previous owners apparently just didn't mind the leaking problem. Turns out there were two problems with the original install. 1. The length of the black drain tube was too long, which caused lots of twists and turns that the system could not overcome. 2. The hole drilled into the sink drain piping to make the connection for the drain tube was too small. The diameter of the hole drilled should be equal to the diameter of the black drain pipe.

First I used a larger bit to enlarge the existing hole. I then used the drill bit as a guide to align the black drain assembly clamps. I also cut the black drain tube to a much shorter length. I reattached and everything works perfectly now. The quality of the water from a RO system is really hard to beat.
    weeratat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2012, 10:40 PM
    I had the same problem, but the whole black tube that is used to drain the water is almost completely clogged by this black seaweed like sponge!

I just used a 1-1/2 wire to clear the tube, and now it works like it should.

I agree that it's the worst design to put the weep hole at the back.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 28, 2012, 06:47 AM
    Hi weeratat5 and welcome to The Plumbing Page at AskMeHelpDesk.com
    And we thank you for the update. Hopefully it will help someone with the same problem. Tom
    Kurt48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2013, 09:53 AM
    The issue with mine was that the bracket clamped onto the normal sink drain had moved and this caused the holes in the bracket and drain line to become misaligned. The issue mimics a clogged drain line so if your line is clean then definitely consider this. Hitting the bracket could have easily happened without notice while putting something under the sink or taking something out. Anyway, I just popped the black drain line off, realigned the holes with a 1/4 drill bit, tightened the bracket screws for good measure, and put the line back on. Voilą!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 4, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Hi Kurt and welcome to The Plumbing Page at AMHD.com. You're responding to a 3 year old dead threads . Please check the date before you post. We thank you for your input and your update, Thanks Tom
    MrLonzo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2013, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt48 View Post
    The issue with mine was that the bracket clamped onto the normal sink drain had moved and this caused the holes in the bracket and drain line to become misaligned. The issue mimics a clogged drain line so if your line is clean then definitely consider this. Hitting the bracket could have easily happened without notice while putting something under the sink or taking something out. Anyway, I just popped the black drain line off, realigned the holes with a 1/4 drill bit, tightened the bracket screws for good measure, and put the line back on. Voilą!
    I had the same type of leak through the weep hole on my RO-PURE faucet. In my case, the tubing to the drain saddle was lined up properly and clear of debris. Watts Premier now offers an air-gap by-pass solution for this problem. Simply cut the red and black lines about 4" from the faucet and connect them together using a 1/4" check valve on the red tube and a 1/4" x 3/8" union to connect the red tube with the black. Of course the black drain tubing still must be unobstructed and lined up properly at the drain saddle.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Airgap Bypass.pdf (30.5 KB, 1956 views)
    rastapapa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2014, 12:30 PM
    Thank you for posting that Airgap Bypass pdf. I am getting ready to do this after having two damaging leaks once every year from the two years we've had our air gap faucet. I just wanted an update to know if the bypass solution has worked for you. I couldn't find any other info on this from Watts or elsewhere on the web, so I just wanted some encouragement before I did it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Watts Premier are.O system installation (drain never stop) [ 4 Answers ]

I have been installed a watts RO system,my Q is about drain line that come out from RO. I don't know how to stop draining? All the time is draining water, no matter whether is using or not. DO I need to cancel drain tube? Thanks in advance for your help, E

Where does the black tube attach to the faucet on the watts premier ro water system [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a watts premier model WP-4V ro system. I can't find which hoses attach to where on the faucet. Does anyone have any idea? There is a red 3/8"hose and two 1/4"hoses. One is black and one is blue. Thank you for the help.

Watts Premier Reverse Osmosis won't stop gurgling [ 0 Answers ]

I found this thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/watts-premier-reverse-osmosis-tank-wont-fill-water-continues-run-318082.html Similar situation. I've had the RO for over a year, and have changed the filters accordingly. It was working fine (although never had a whole lot of...

Installing Watts Premier RO System [ 4 Answers ]

I'm getting ready to install a Watts Premier RO-PURE water filtration system, and have questions concerning the drain connection. The company's help line is closed, naturally (why do I always plan these projects for a Saturday?) The manual insists that the drain must be installed above a garbage...

Watts Premier are.O system installation [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, experts, I just purchased Watts Premier R.O system. After installed, I saw not much water coming out of faucet and there is steady flow to the black tubing to the sink. I just started the system, I think there is no pressure in the tank. My question is what is the properly functioning...

View more questions Search