Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liedto Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
    My boyfriend is sending nude pictures through craigslist
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 1/2 years. We moved to a new city about 7 months ago and live together. He had been unemployed after finishing grad school and was depressed (I didn't realize at the time how depressed he was, but it seems clear now that he should've been seeing someone). In February something didn't seem right one night and I checked his email, which I've never done before. Turns out he had been sending nude photos of himself to women. He explained it was a way to make himself feel good about himself, but he's never slept with anyone or met with anyone. Since then he got a job, we have been going to couple's counseling and things were getting a lot better. But then I just found out that he contacted another woman after we got into a big fight. I know I need to breakup with him, but I'm still in love with him... I'm embarrassed to talk about this with my friends. What do you think?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2012, 01:19 PM
    I think he needs more counselling - joint and single. It seems rather obvious that he sends nude photos in order to feel better about himself (which he acknowledges). He needs to find another way to stoke his ego, obviously.

I would be concerned, very concerned.

And, yes, I think you need to break up with him.

I also think someone should tell him that what is emailed, texted, posted, never dies and this could impact his entire life, as well as yours.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 30, 2012, 03:09 AM
    I think if you know you need to break up with him, do it! It does no good to prolong the inevitable. You will become more angry and hurt.
    liedto Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 04:42 PM
    I am very concerned, but it's hard to give up after so much time and planning a future together. My hope is he gets help from counseling to solve these issues... I know I probably seem stupid, but I'm having a hard time finding the will to give up hope and end it, especially since he is now seeing a counselor individually (along with the couple's counselor) and I am still in love with him... Do you think people change, or am I being naive??

Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I think he needs more counselling - joint and single. It seems rather obvious that he sends nude photos in order to feel better about himself (which he acknowledges). He needs to find another way to stoke his ego, obviously.

I would be concerned, very concerned.

And, yes, I think you need to break up with him.

I also think someone should tell him that what is emailed, texted, posted, never dies and this could impact his entire life, as well as yours.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 1, 2012, 04:49 AM
    Some people change. Some people don't. It's hard to know the difference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend secretly took nude pictures of me while we were [ 12 Answers ]

Last night, my boyfriend woke me up in the middle of the night to touching me in intimate places. It had been a while since we had time to fool around, so things started to heat up more. About ten minutes in, I noticed some faint flashes of light. At first I thought they were coming from outside of...

Search warrant for nude pictures of my girlfriend. [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend sent me a lot of nude videos and pictures of her when I was in Afghanistan. We've split up since and she got a protection order against me even though she told the judge I have never even yelled or had an argument with her. The police got a search warrant to search my house...

Outlook - Sending Pictures [ 1 Answers ]

I trying to forward an email with pictures in the body. However, when I save the email and try to send it, the pictures are removed and a box with a red X appears in the upper left hand corner. I'm sending it in html format.

View more questions Search