Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kathy426 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2012, 06:51 AM
    Some faucets have no hot water
    I recently had my entire masterbath shower redone. It seems like ever since, my downstairs kitchen sick and upstairs kids' shower have no hot water now. What could have happened to cause this? We replaced the water heater thinking that was the issue, but no that issue still remains :(

Thanks,
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 07:02 AM
    A valve is still closed, or the plumber lost track of what was going on?

Apr 24, 2012, 07:14 AM
    Also, when I turn on the faucet in the downstairs bathroom (which is super hot) the kitchen water goes from luke to super cold?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 07:18 AM
    Start with removing all aerators and shower heads, tell us if anything changes

Apr 24, 2012, 07:30 AM
    The shower has not yet been installed all the way in the master bath, they just finished all the pipe -work, so I have no shower head to change out in that bathroom. The shower head in the kids bath is fairly new. This isn't just a shower issue though... the kitchen sink is acting up the same way? Do you think that maybe the new piping for the master shower was done incorrectly and is causing all this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 24, 2012, 07:33 AM
    What may be happening is when you did the work you disturbed some minerals built up in 56the pipe walls.and now they're blocking the hot water inlet ports on the cartridge.
    First do what Bob suggested . If that doesn't help shut the water off to a affected faucet and open it up to remove the cartridge. Check and clear the inlet ports. Now turn the water back on for a moment to flush out the supplies. If you have a strong stream reassemble and test. Do this with all affected faucets. Good luck, Tom
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 08:06 AM
    I wonder if The unfinished shower has a cap at shower head, and with faucet on, it allows "backfeeding",
    And a valve is off?

Apr 24, 2012, 08:12 AM
    Thank you. We'll try some of your suggestions tonight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot or any water coming out of hot faucets in entire house, line froze you think? [ 0 Answers ]

Drained tank can hear water going in and heating up But nothing coming out of faucets on hot water only. Was working couple of days ago but got subzero temps do you think line froze, why isn't cold water line frozen instead of hot water line

Water is not coming out of the hot water side of my bathrooms and kitchen faucets. [ 1 Answers ]

Water is NOT coming out of the Hot water side of all the faucets in my hopuse. Please help... and it is very cold outside too. 30 degrees...

When the hot water is on upstairs cold water runs through all faucets downstairs why? [ 10 Answers ]

We had our carport turned into a room for our handicapped son and the plumber came out to plumb the bathroom. Now where we always had plenty hot water downstairs and upstairs the water downstairs only gets lukewarm and when someone is taking a shower upstairs cold water runs through all the faucets...

Little to no hot water in two faucets [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sink in the kitchen that when you turn it to full hot the water preasure goes down a lot. I replaced the faucet and flex hoses and no change. The dish washer "seems" to be working just fine. To really make it strange, I have a bathroom shower in the basement that when you it on now...

View more questions Search