Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 11:52 AM
    How to remove overhead microwave
    We want to replace our GE Spacemaker (model JVM55005) but can't figure out how to remove it! There are 2 screws coming from the upper cabinet which we removed. The front of the microwave then came down about an inch but not amount of wiggling would get it out. Obviously we're missing something. I checked the GE website but all they had for this model was a Care & Use Manual with nothing about installation.
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Boze
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 25, 2007, 08:36 PM
    In my experience the thing that usually puts a wrench in the program is the wiring. They sometimes do not allow much room and if it is installed it could be hardwired and cause you trouble. Hope that helps...
    Boze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 09:42 AM
    We got it! Just started removing anything we could. Found that by removing the cover for the lights underneath we were able to slide the unit forward and out. It was such an old microwave it had support rails along the sides, not the bracket in the back like the new ones, and it slid along those like a drawer once we removed enough screws. Thought I'd post the solution in case anyone has the same question. It was hardwired like Cjcdallas mentioned but luckily there was a good length of wire so that didn't hinder anything.
    chabao Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Thank you for sharing this information, Boze! I had the same problem when I tried to take the GE spacemaker microwave off. I did it after I read your post and took the bottom panel off frist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace overhead microwave [ 3 Answers ]

The microwave over my stove needs to be replaced. How do I remove this old microwave? It is a GE. I plan to replace with Whirlpool. Will I have any mounting problems with the new one?

How do I install an overhead microwave oven? [ 4 Answers ]

It doesn't really matter what brand at this point. I just want to be sure I can do it and have the necessary tools. Many thanks in advance

Overhead Microwave Stops working when it is cold outside [ 1 Answers ]

My GE overhead Mirowave Oven stops working evry time the temperature outside goes down below approximately 25F. I tried turned it off and on and soes come back to life but will di as soon as we try to warm something. When th temp outsid goes up it comes back to lif.

Removing an overhead microwave [ 1 Answers ]

We are looking to replace our overhead microwave but can't figure out how to remove the old so we can install the new. Can anyone help?

Overhead microwave range [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install an overhead microwave?

View more questions Search