Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beaniem77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 10:31 AM
    Live in Georgia but work in Florida
    I live in Georgia but work in Florida do I have to pay Georgia state income tax on my income?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 14, 2009, 09:41 PM

Yes, if you are resident of Georgia, you must pay Georgia taxes.

If you are present in a state, then any income earned during this period, must be reported to the state. In your case FL does not have state tax.

To your resident state, you must report your worldwide income for the year. Read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Working or Living in Two or More states
    jlands Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 06:14 AM
    Do I have any responsibility as an employer who has an employee working for me in Florida but lives in Georgia to withhold Georgia State taxes. [email protected]
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 10:50 AM
    According to the State of Geoirgia - yes, you should. From:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=..._FdA4xs7YODMWw

Georgia residents are subject to the withholding tax laws of the state in which they work. If that state does
    not require withholding, tax should be withheld and paid to Georgia. O.C.G.A. § 48-7-100(10)(H)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DUI in Georgia vs. Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I reside in Florida and was arrested in Georgia for DUI. I am applying for a FL. Real Estate Lic. but have to provide FBI Fingerprints. Currently on probation in GA with a warrant for my arrest. Will the FBI fingerprints show this? Will FL reject my application?

Florida & Georgia tax return. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I know I have asked a few questions and gone to site but I am still confused. I don't mean to be a pain but I am going to try and explain what I have. I am used to using the Tax-Act program every year & Tax -Act will not support my situation. OK My husband worked in Florida for the past 10...

Do I have to pay Georgia State taxes if I have my main residence in Florida but have [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to pay Georgia State taxes if I have my main residence in Florida but have an apartment in Georgia? I work for an automotive manufacturer and travel to dealerships in Georgia, Alabama and Florida. I will retain my Florida Residency but the company I work for wants me to get an apartment...

Florida Resident working in Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My husband & I are Florida Resident and have worked in Florida for years. We live almost into Georgia and my husband changed his job and now works in Georgia. He will get a w-2 for Florida & w-2 for Georgia for 2008 return. Florida does not have State Tax but Georgia does. I have a few...

Live in Florida, work in Georgia. [ 4 Answers ]

If I am living in Florida, and work in Georgia, and Georgia takes out state taxes what do I do about filing in Florida which does not have state income taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search