Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ed Brown1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 01:42 PM
    1990 Toyota Camry (wont start)
    My 1990 Camery won't start! Ive had the battery checked and just put in a new starter because it tested bad. When I turn the key all the lights come on on the dash. It's a 5 speed and runs great if I get a push and start it that way. I'm not sure how to check the ingnition, but was told that it might be that. 1990 Toyota Camery
    2.0 lt.
    4 cyl.
    5 speed

Thanks for any advice
    Ed Brown
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 03:09 PM
    The clutch pedal switch could be bad. Just disconnect it and put a jumper wire across the connector. That will bypass it. The ign switch, well, you just have to repalace it to see if it's bad. Could be a gamble.
    Make sure you're getting 12 volts at the starter solenoid wire. Put a digital volt meter on it, or a test light works, and watch it when the key is in start position. If you see 12V, then head back to the place where you got the starter and demand another one.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 Honda Civic 1.5 DX won't start!HELP! [ 134 Answers ]

OK I recently bought a 1990 honda civic hb 5speed non v-tec... it won't start and if it does it doesn't stay running long at all. Replaced the distributor and put a brand new computer in it... still won't run.. I'm getting spark into the distributor but none out... any ideas? Thanks in advance

1996 toyota camry [ 2 Answers ]

I need to change the bulb in the left tail light of my 1996 Toyota camry. Can someone help me out with this, I do not have a manual and am sure it is very easy. Thanks

1990 Honda Accord won't start... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord lx, it won't start.. it cranks over but won't start, the distributor has spark what could it be?

1990 Honda Civic won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am totally stumped with this, I have a 1990 Honda Civic with a 1989 Acura Integra Engine in it (Engine Swap), and it won't start. Nothing works, the lights, the radio, hazards, defogger absolutely nothing. Of course your thinking the battery is dead but I checked the battery and it...

View more questions Search