Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    warrie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 06:26 PM
    White stuff from my nipple
    :confused:

I know I am not pregnant because I just had a period and it's been coming on consistently every month.

Today I noticed that I had some white stuff on my nipple when I squeezed it. The stuff wasn't wet or milky like breast milk. This stuff looks dry. Are you able to help me?

AliMarGoo Posts: 72, Reputation: 13

Jul 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Are you sure that this is coming out of your nipple then if it's dry? It could just be lint build up from your bra, or a shirt. If you're not pregnant and if something is coming out of your nipples then you need to get this checked out. You could have an infection in your breasts or even something else. If you're positive that it's coming out of your nipple, the please make a Dr.'s visit. I wish you the best!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
    How old are you? I need to know this so that I know what direction to take with my answer.

Jul 26, 2007, 06:45 PM
    I am 32 yrs old. I had one child when I was 17. I am sure it's in my nipple. I was doing a self examination and I noticed it. I am sure it's neither lint nor anything from my shirt. My breast or nibble doesn't hurt nor inflamed either.
    Expert

Jul 26, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Is it coming out of one breast only or both?

Jul 26, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Both breast.
    Expert

Jul 26, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Time to get it checked out by your doctor. It could be something as simple as mastitis. Please make an appointment in the morning.
    raydrums1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by warrie

I know I am not pregnant because I just had a period and it's been coming on consistently every month.

Today I noticed that I had some white stuff on my nipple when I squeezed it. The stuff wasn't wet or milky like breast milk. This stuff looks dry. Are you able to help me?

Hey girl - don't sweat it. Go to that doctor though or hospital. I'm sure it's a hormonal twist. Especially if your on the pill. I've known 3 girls in my life so far who had different nature qualities. 1 who lactated - (gave milk and dripped always) her breasts were huge and the outcome was that her body thinks it just gave birth. Pregnancy was null. In her youth she had (and so did I) great times with little worries. In later years she corrected her imbalance and did have a child . The olther was always testing as pregnant but never was - slightly more difficult - she too later regulated her body chemistry. The third just thought she was already pregnant, having discharge and the like but could not ever conceive. Don't know what happened to her.
    mariea_lynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by warrie

I was just wondering if you had found out what the problem was? I am having the same problem... please get back to me...
    cam2985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2008, 12:15 AM
    This is completely normal no need to worry I have had it as long as I can remember and my doc has told me that its just keeping the nipples healthy

Here is a related question and answer I found

Dear Experts,

Once in a while, if I sqeeze my nipple, a little white stuff may come out. It that normal?

The Answer:

Yes. Nipple discharge is fairly common in women and it's perfectly healthy — it's the body's way of keeping the nipple ducts open. Women who take birth control pills may have this discharge. It can happen during sexual arousal and at certain times during the menstrual cycle. Some guys also have nipple discharge. It may look like very thin milk, or it may be clear, grayish, light green, or light yellow.

However, if the discharge changes, has pus or blood in it, or if it is brownish, visit your clinician — this can be a sign of an infection.

It is important to keep nipples clean by washing with warm water and soap so the discharge won't dry and build up.

Hope this information helps!

Take care,

Teenwire.com® Editors
    Cakes Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2008, 02:55 AM

Hello,
    Im 21 and I also have this discharge. It is white and it only happens when I sqeeze it hard. It only comes out of one breast. Im married. It is really freaking me out. And yes I'm on the pill. I just need to know because I take pain killers because of my endometriosis. So far my plan is to stop taking my pill and see if I get my period.
    KateBell88 Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

Oct 1, 2008, 10:51 PM

I get the same thing, don't know what it is but have never had any problems. Maybe it's something to do with the pill - I'm on it too
    pippy_1994 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KateBell88 View Post
    i get the same thing, don't know what it is but have never had any problems. maybe it's something to do with the pill - im on it too
    I think I just had this tonight on my left nipple and I am definently not pregnant because I have't done that yet. But I'm not on the pill, what could it be then?
    sollie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 10:45 AM
    I am getting white milkly from my breast what thes that mean I am pregnant
    sollie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 10:38 AM
    If white milky comes from my nipple am I pregnant
    gkugkg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 10:40 PM
    Its excess from hormones...
    kattymae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 06:49 PM
    Hi I am a doctor and I say its just hormonal stuff it means your breast is growing I have the same promblem
    Just do not pick or squueeze anymore or it may cause BREAST CANCER
    koko2012 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 06:25 PM
    It comes out of of one breast is just wend I squeeze

Apr 12, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Can somebody help answer the question

Apr 12, 2012, 06:28 PM
    So it doesn't mean I'm pregnant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Clear/white hard stuff on root of pubic hair shafts [ 10 Answers ]

Hey all, For the past year after I first shaved my pubic hair area I have been getting frequent redness and bumps in my pubic hair area. Sometimes I will get pimples that last for several does and once in a while I will get larger things that resemble boils. However recently I've been...

Bump on penis skin, white seed-like stuff [ 13 Answers ]

Yea.. I think I have the problem too.. little bump on the skin at the mid shaft(most of them at my circumcised area) ,I got several of them.. and some of the white stuff are soft(cream-type) and some are a little hard(something like seed) will be squeezed out if put on pressure, no any pain...

White stuff on red brick patio [ 4 Answers ]

Its powdery, white and I can't get rid of it. What is it and how can I get rid of it?

Joggers Nipple ? [ 2 Answers ]

I've heard the term "joggers nipple" somewhere around and I have no idea what it is! Does any one know? :confused:

Nipple discharge [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having extremely sore breasts and swollen nipples for about a week now. I usually get tender breasts about 5 days before my period but never this early or this severe. Also, my friend told me to pull gentley on the nipple and look for fluid, when I did, a little bit of clear fluid came...

View more questions Search