Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    modee420 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Origin of the word easter
    Hello, looking for the origin of the word itself, not when it is or what it is. Thanks modee420
    nindzha Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Mar 3, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Easter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Remember that it is an English term - so does not go back to antiquity... but it's origin does. Here's a bit more on it's origin:
    CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Easter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Origin and discovery of the jackfruit [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for (archäological) informations about the origin of the jackfruit (how long it already exists) and when an by whom it has been discovered and brought to Europe.

Origin of a Cultural Trait [ 3 Answers ]

We occasionally observe in TV newscasts that when the audience applauds dignitaries (or speakers who have just finished a speech) from countries like Russia or China, the dignitarie/speakers too join in the applause by clapping their hands. There must be some idea behind this cultural trait. The...

Phrase Origin [ 5 Answers ]

I have been unable to find the origin of the phrase "close enough for government work." While it is now derogatory and suggestive of sloppy work, I was under the impression it originated with a meaning just the opposite due to stringent specifications for government construction contracts. ...

Good Friday and Easter [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I have a question about Good Friday and Easter. From what I understand, Good Friday is the day the Jesus died and Easter was the day he rose from the dead. Looking at the calender, it never falls on the same day. It makes sense to me that if someone dies on a day, that day never...

Worms Origin [ 6 Answers ]

Where network worms come from? I need few worms for education purpose, how can I get them?

View more questions Search