Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hot_mommy_87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 11:10 PM
    My 4 year old son seeing my dead grandfather That he never met?!
    So my pappaw passed away 6 years ago, in the home him and my grandmother shared. She is still living in the same home they also had separte bedrooms and she found him in bed after he had passed in his room. Although there has been no strange activity or signs of his spirit being in the house, my son who is only four experienced something at her house last week. We go over there to visit from time to time and this is the first time he has ever mentioned anything. We went over there for a visit and it got late it was around 10 pm or so and he had been in her room playing so I told him to go get something he had left in there it was time to go. He wouldn't go into the bedroom because he said "no mommy i dont want to go in there! that man in there and he was staring at me". So I went on to ask what man? And told him to show me where he refused, scared to even go in the room with me. So I basically made him and asked now who and where he point to the door way in between my papaw and mimie room. At that point I was a little scared it gave me chills honestly and automaticaly thought what if my pap was there?? So I walked him back through the living room, where there is another entrance into my papaw's room ( which the room is just the way he left it to this day).After a few minutes had went by, I said come in here I want to show you something. He was terrified to go in that room because that man was in there he insisted, mind you he has been all through out the house since birth pretty much and never acted funny or scared. When we went into the room there are pictures on the wall and I asked if he seen the man in any of the pics, he pointed right to his papaws which freaked me out a little. Well a week has went by and I haven't thought much about it until tonight. My son was in his room and I told him it was time to brush his teeth, while we were doing so he said to me "mommy why was that man was is my room while i was watching my lion king", of course I said who again and he replied, "the one that was in mimies room, and he just looked at me remeber". He said this a normal tone like it was nothing and wasn't scared at all this time... Is this possible? I don't see him making it up and it has been a good week so itts not fresh in his memory? If so why hasn't my granma seen him I'm her home or why hasn't he shown himself to my mother who still grieves him to this day? He never got the chance to meet my grandfather, could this mean he is watching over him, is he an angel?why would he show hisself to my kid of all people? Can anyone help me with this one??
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 10, 2012, 04:18 AM
    I'm not much for believing in ghost stories so there are two options here: either your son is seeing things and needs professional help (or just has a very vivid imagination) or he's telling the truth and there really is a ghost there.
    If it is his grandfather I don't think there's any reason to think he will hurt your son. And from the little I do know about paranormal activity only some people can see the dead and even then it depends on if that person want to be seen or not. This is a shot in the dark, but maybe if you tell him that's his grandpa and that he's just there to protect him and say hello you might be able to encourage your son to talk to him and find out why he's there and even if your son is telling the truth (though I doubt a small child has a reason to lie, but sometimes there imaginations run away with them if you know what I mean).
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
    First of all, I want to say this does not mean your child is spirituall gifted in anyway. Spirits are just like people in that they are unique personalities and have a will. They can appear to look how they want to, for example shadows, mists, orbs, apparitions, etc... they can appear to whomever they choose to appear to while remaining hidden from others. Their's is a different level of existence than ours and it can be hard for us sometimes to wrap our heads around their motives or their abilities. Spirits can and do attach themselves to people... I am not saying your grandfather was possessed, just merely that he could have had something that followed his around. Human spirits do not remain on earth after death... this is a spirit that was familiar with your grandfather and is now representing itself as him to your child. There are many reasons for this and NONE of them are OK to put with.

Woud you mind if I inquired about your spiritual beliefs?
    Nicola2-1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2012, 01:56 PM
    So, there's not a photograph of him in your sons room, or near to where he was watching lion king. Do you think he has been listening to you and his grandma and believe me four year old's are not stupid. I would keep an eye on him if he continues to report this to you I would seek help from your church and your GP
    sophieb022 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2012, 04:14 PM
    Hello, first of all, I highly doubt that your son needs physcological help! Im 16 and my mums father died 3 years before I was born so I, sadly, never had the chance to meet him! This is something that I've been thinking about a lot lately! When I was a very young toddler, I had an experience VERY similar to your son! Im not sure if what I experienced, I remember because its in my memory, or because my mum had told me about it! I believe that its in my memory but I can't say for sure... weird! Anyway I was in my cot at the bottom of the stairs and suddenly, I burst into an uncontrolable state of laughter! My mum and her sister both saw and my mum asked me 'Sophie, what are you laughing at?'
    I replied with; 'funny man at the top of the stairs'

My mum spoke to a physcic a few years later and the woman brought up my grandfather! She said to my mum that he (my grandfather) had seen me before. I believe in some of this physcic stuff and I think that all children have the ability to see sprits when they are young for some reason!

Anyway, enjoy! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Son living w/girl just met with two kids expect me to become grandma [ 4 Answers ]

My son has been in a relationship with a girl for four months. He has decided he wants to be a father to her two children and now I'm suppose to be a grandma. I've only met the children a couple of times but I've been asked constantly to babysit. He has decided that since I didn't attend one of...

Looking for the year my grandfather [ 2 Answers ]

If possible I would like to know when my grandfather died. I have no knowledge of him. I understand he lived in Bradford West Yorkshire. I think is died around 1906 to 1925 I hope this helps. Thank you.

I have a boyfriend of 1 year. I met someone. And I cheated! [ 15 Answers ]

Okay, so based on my past questions, I'm sure most of you already know me. So I have been going out.. Or have been in a serious relationship with this really NICE guy for a year now. Lately, it has been getting pretty boring (sexually, mentally, etc). We have been fighting more often... Mainly...

I met a guy online about a year ago . [ 7 Answers ]

I have a? I met a guy online about a year ago and we were both in relationships and I did the big girl thing and stopped talking to him. Delt with my issues. Now I am single I looked him up and he is still in this relationship and has admitted to having several affairs since I stopped talking to...

Can father force visitation on 14 year old he has never met [ 4 Answers ]

My son's father has never met him, or had anything to do with him other than pay support ordered 12 years ago. Went back to court twice for modification to increase, and he says he's making less money. He cancelled the court ordered health insurance, and has refused to pay any medical bills since...

View more questions Search