Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lifeofbrian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 01:41 PM
    13 year old labrador crying, barking at night, going in circles, hiding under tables
    Hi and thanks for the forum,

My 13 year old choco lab CoCoBear has suddenly developed fearful behaviors, especially at night. She won't "settle" to sleep; whines, cries, and barks and acts confused. During the day she tries to hide under tables. For some time she has needed help getting up on sofa or going up stairs. Appetite is good, all else normal. Takes Deramaxx 1oo mg every day for arthritis.
    Will medication help?
    Thanks!
    LifeofBrian
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 04:58 PM
    A lot of that depends on exactly what the problems is. Could be as simple as an ear infection. Get her to the vet and find out.

My 13 year old Lab had a tumor removed today and is staying at the vet's overnight just to be sure. I hope to have a few more good years with her.
    SmartAlex Posts: 17, Reputation: 5

Mar 3, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeofbrian
    Hi and thanks for the forum,

My 13 year old choco lab CoCoBear has suddenly developed fearful behaviors, especially at night. She won't "settle" to sleep; whines, cries, and barks and acts confused. During the day she tries to hide under tables. For some time she has needed help getting up on sofa or going up stairs. Appetite is good, all else normal. Takes Deramaxx 1oo mg every day for arthritis.
    Will medication help?
    Thanks!
    LifeofBrian

Hello friend,

Thank you for your question.

The medication she is on can cause restlessness among other issues but I don't think it's responsible for everything you're seeing.
    Pet Owner Information

Your dear CoCoBear may be experiencing what some senior citizens experience and that is equivalent to altzheimers and it's called CDS. Be sure your vet understands this condition and it's treatment. If not,find a vet who does.It's worth it.

I am sending you a link so you can learn more about this .(there is help)

Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome In Your Dog - Dogie Altzheimers

Let me know please if you have any questions?
    Sincerely,SmartAlex
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Hello brian:

Circles?? My dog did that. She had a tumor on her brain.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog won't stop crying at night [ 9 Answers ]

Every night when I go put my 1 yr old mix in his cage he will start to cry when all of the light go off. I would give him a bone and that works for a little while then he will go back to crying. After about 30min has passed he would fall asleep. Is there something wrong with him or is he just...

Jack Russell pup still crying at night after 3 weeks! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi,we've had our Jack Russell pup for 3 weeks now,she is 12 weeks old and still cries at night.She sleeps in a crate downstairs with a night light.She has improved... we're down to 20 minutes every night after we go to bed from 4-6 hours lol.We play with her before bed,she has 2 or 3 walks through...

My one year old won't sleep at night! [ 3 Answers ]

Justyc was going through a stage where he would sleep from about 8 or 9 till midnight then be awake for an hour and go back to bed. As time went on the span he was awake from midnight gradually got longer. He is now to the point where he doesn't actually sleep for a long period. I have tried...

3 year old female dog keeps crying [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old female dog,She loves to play with small stuffed toys.In the last week she has started crying and does not really have any energy to do anything.She carrys these toys around with her and crys all the time.She will take them all to her bed and lay on them and then one by one she...

View more questions Search