Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scooterjmh Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 02:09 PM
    Can I drink?
    I recently starting using butrans pain patches 10mcg. Is it OK for me to drink in moderation?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 02:12 PM
    No it is not recommended to drink on this medication

Apr 5, 2012, 02:17 PM
    Can I drink?
    Can I drink in small amounts on the fenynal patches?
    Madysen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Yes as long as you have a doctor on speed dile
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 02:29 PM
    One of the noted precautions of this drug is to avoid alcoholic beverages. Fentanyl

Doctors however have varying opinions on the consumption of moderate amounts of alcohol so please check with the prescribing physician in your particular case.

Until then, it is wise to follow the general guidelines and recommendations as set forth above.

Apr 5, 2012, 02:33 PM
    I've drank on methadone and nitro
    Norco before without an issue. What makes this any different?

Apr 5, 2012, 02:34 PM
    I've drank on methadone and Norco before without an issue. What makes this any different?

Apr 6, 2012, 02:22 AM
    J_9... I called my pharmacist about drinking on Butrans patches. He said if it makes me drowsy it would only increase it. Other than that nothing. Just drink carefully just so you know if it is making you drowsy or not. How do you feel about that?

Apr 6, 2012, 02:24 AM
    To DRBILL100 too
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 03:24 AM
    Referencing my foregoing post (#5, above) and that of J_9 (# 2, above) I readily defer to the judgment of your personal pharmacist while nonetheless adhering to the advice as provided as noted.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG Test 1 drink 40 hours since the drink for testing [ 2 Answers ]

Dr Bill I had an ETG test Monday at 4:30pm due to a custody dispute I seldom drink but had one glass of wine Saturday at 7pm with a meal. I drink plenty of water, exercise and am healthy do you expect I will pass the test given it was only slightly over 40 hours since the drink? I had not had any...

I am 5 1/2 month pregnant can I drink a supplement drink to help me sleep? [ 8 Answers ]

The ingrediants are valerian root extract, lemon balm extract, chamomile flower extract, rhizome, passion flower extract and melatonin. My uncle gave it to me to help me sleep and I just need to know if its safe.

My dog won't drink water. He's afraid. How do I get him to drink? [ 7 Answers ]

My dog recently has been sick. He started throwing everything up. I went to the vet, and they gave me some anti-vommit pills for him. I've been feeding him rice with a little hamburger in it for the last two days. The problem is he won't drink water. The last two times he tried before I took...

If I drink 1 drink on tues. Will it show up on thurs. [ 1 Answers ]

I drank on tues. around 11:00 am will it show up on thurs at 8:00am

Do I Drink Too Much? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I really like drinking, if it were up to me I would drink 24/7. I usually drink on weekends and if so, I drink a lot. Like I'll have up to 6 or 7 drinks of my own. If I happen to have the money to buy booze on a weekday I will but I drink less then (like 3 or 4 drinks) but only because of the...

View more questions Search