Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John_Clayton Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Will I pass my EtG test if I drank 3 days ago?
    Probation sprung a surprise EtG test on me. They took my urine sample at 5pm Tuesday. The preceding Thursday I had 4 beers. Friday I had 10 beers over 6-7 hours. Saturday I had one glass of champagne and 3 beers over a 3.5 hour period. I stopped drinking on Saturday night before 9pm. I am a 25 year old male, 5'10" tall and 170 lbs. If it was 68 hours between my last drink and the time that I provided the sample, is there any possible way that I could have passed my test?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2012, 06:40 PM
    What time did you have the last beer, of the 10 on Friday?

Also, for my information, what were you told about EtG testing? Was the detection time explained? Were you warned of avoiding foods and products that contain alcohol?

It sounds as though you are expecting to fail the test.

Mar 20, 2012, 06:48 PM
    I had my last beer on Friday before 11pm. I had no warning of the test, I was called in randomly to see my probation officer between visits(I think because I have an alcohol related charge and it was after St. Patrick's day weekend). All information I have on EtG testing is what I've read online. To be perfectly honest, I knew I shouldn't drink, and that is my fault and am responsible for that error in judgement. But as for any instruction as to what to avoid as far as foods or products, there was none. I want to know if I can possibly pass this test so that I can stay free and take care of my family, furthermore what are my chances of passing?
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2012, 06:57 PM
    No one can predict whether any given individual will pass an EtG test due to the test itself.

However, there will probably be no detectable EtG in your system from the drinking as you describe it. Those were three different episodes, separated by time, during which EtG from the previous episode was excreting. EtG is not cumulative. You probably slipped under the wire.

Mar 20, 2012, 07:02 PM
    Thank you, whoever you are, if for no other reason than for the piece of mind you've provided me and my wife.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2012, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Clayton View Post
    Thank you, whoever you are, if for no other reason than for the piece of mind you've provided me and my wife.
    You just got lucky (I guess) Had your Friday and Saturday drinking been reversed you would be in much greater danger of detection. That and the fact that EtG testing isn't understood by the majority of those involved in the process.

So take advantage and steer clear of the hooch until you're no longer subject to the test.
    miztery Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2012, 10:13 PM
    Did you pass?

Mar 28, 2012, 07:37 PM
    I haven't gotten results yet. Say a prayer for me and my family please.

Mar 29, 2012, 01:03 AM
    OK I will
    ETG Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2012, 08:04 AM
    When will you find out the results? Have you spoke with any others that had a similar situation? I too am going through the same thing; however, I drank on Friday, ending at 10:30 and tested Monday at 9:00 AM. Ahh, I'm mortified at the possibilities. :-((

Mar 31, 2012, 09:50 AM
    I too am mortified at the possible outcome. I will find out soon. If I don't post a response by late next week it will most likely mean that the worst has happened. However, I am praying every time I begin to panic and have turned it over to God. There is nothing I can do at this point but hope and pray for this situation to resolve itself positively. I will pray that your situation turns out well. Take care and try to trust that there is a plan. God bless.

Apr 2, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Dr. Bill, that date to find out the results of the test is rapidly approaching. If you come back across this for some reason would you please mull over the facts I've given you once more and give your opinion again. I've read, in more research, that the test can go back up to 130 hrs. I pray this is false information. Please confirm.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2012, 11:51 AM
    The 130 detection window is derived from Helander, 2008. It was conducted in a detox unit and the study does note the 130 hours in the abstract even though he admits that this was unexplainable and probably resulted from surreptitious drinking on the part of this subject.

The below link will take you to that study, see Figure 2, and you will note that the detection at 130 hours had actually dropped into negative range between around the 60-70 hours and then suddenly rebounded about 5 hours later.

Helander, 2008

Apr 2, 2012, 12:26 PM
    Thank you for your response, but would you please explain what that means for my case in layman terms?

Apr 2, 2012, 12:32 PM
    I have talked to many who have passed in under 80 hours. I don't know what it would take to have it flunk you ast 130!! Seems sooooo unlikely

Apr 3, 2012, 08:09 AM
    I was under 80 hours. And while hearing that there is a possibility to pass makes me feel good, could someone explan how the chart found on the hyperlink above related to my case? Drank one glass of champagne and 2-3 beers 68 hours before providing a sample to be tested. The day before I drank quite a bit more over a longer period. My results are coming soon and the result will be what it will be, I'd just like as many educated opinions as I can get. Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Clayton View Post
    I was under 80 hours. And while hearing that there is a possibility to pass makes me feel good, could someone explan how the chart found on the hyperlink above related to my case? Drank one glass of champagne and 2-3 beers 68 hours before providing a sample to be tested. The day before I drank quite a bit more over a longer period. My results are coming soon and the result will be what it will be, I'd just like as many educated opinions as I can get. Thank you.
    Above you had noted a 130 hour detection window. The above study is the exact, and only, study used to establish that time. That was in response to your question, to wit:

I've read, in more research, that the test can go back up to 130 hrs. I pray this is false information. Please confirm.
    The charts relate to your case only in that they demonstrate a wide variance among the many participants.

The averages in that and other studies are informative but have no direct bearing on any specific case. Given the information that you provided, on average, you should be clear of EtG.

I certainly wish that it were possible to provide more precise information. However, the research isn't available. While this test has been used on millions of people, less than 200 have been studied for elimination.

Apr 3, 2012, 11:04 AM
    Thank you again.
    ETG Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2012, 01:16 PM
    When will you find out the outcome, John?

Apr 3, 2012, 01:37 PM
    Yes this has been going on quite a while. I had a UA on a Wednesday and got results on the following Monday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I drank on Friday will I pass an EtG test on Monday [ 14 Answers ]

On Friday I had about 10 drinks no more but possibly less over the weekend I didn't exercise or drink huge amounts of water but and had a glass of cranberry juice before I went to bed my test was at 4:30 on Monday and I drink a little over a half gallon of water starting at about 3:00 ending at...

Drank heavily about 73 hrs ago - will I pass the EtG test? [ 17 Answers ]

I am 5'4", 120 lbs. Very high metabolism. I drank about 5 coors lights and almost a bottle of red wine on Thursday night until approx. 2 am, then woke up at 7 am on Friday and continued to drink about 4 more coors lights until approx. 11 am or noon. I then finalized with about 1/2 shot of vodka at...

Will I pass my ETG test if I drank two 40z beers on Friday test is on Monday [ 2 Answers ]

I had 1 and 1/2 40 oz beers ( Thurs) finished at 2am Fri. Then drank the rest of the 1/2 40oz Friday finished at 4 pm.. Will I pass my EtG on Monday at 7pm?

Can I pass an EtG test on Monday if I drank on Tuesday [ 5 Answers ]

I drank about 7-8 shots on Tuesday,at about 4-30 pm. I have to take an EtG test on the following Monday at 5,(which is today), do you think I will pass the test?

View more questions Search