Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mob65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 12:34 PM
    Breaking up because of alcohol?
    I broke up with my gal because I drink "alot" that's what she says we discused and I promisd to quit but eventually she was being very controlling and I confronted her the she dcyded to tek a brk I went on a drinking spree after that she txted me telling me she done wit me 4 good but I love her and still want her bak what should I do? Ashton
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 01:06 PM
    Uhhh... maybe stop drinking and grow up a little? That's what she wants, right?

How was she being controlling... by not wanting you to get drunk all the time?
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Mar 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
    She's not controlling, you are the one who's immature. If you do love her, as you claim to be, quit the drinking.
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

Mar 31, 2012, 03:19 PM
    Ashton,

Your gal loves you, too. She cares for you enough to say that she wants you to stop drinking and be more responsible. Alcohol, when taken in moderation is fine because I drink, too *wink* but when you go on a drinking spree disregarding your limitations, then that's not fine anymore. Your ex knows what alcohol can do to your body and she doesn't want that to happen to you. You shouldn't be thinking of her as a controlling person but rather a caring person and someone who loves you more than you know.

If you truly love her, then don't hurt her anymore by making her feel like you don't value her care for you. I know that you know how much she cares for you but don't abuse her love. She may get back together with you in a few days, but you have to get your act together and try hardest in keeping your promises to her.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mob65 View Post
    I broke up with my gal because I drink "alot" that's what she says we discused and I promisd to quit but eventually she was being very controlling and I confronted her the she dcyded to tek a brk I went on a drinking spree after that she txted me telling me she done wit me 4 gud but I love her and still want her bak what should I do? Ashton

She already told you - stop drinking, and not eventually. If your reaction to bad news is a drinking spree you have a problem - whether you realize it or not.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Agree, unless you are ready to admit you have a problem and try to change, nothing is going to change or happen. Perhaps find a girl who is drunk all the time, then no one cares.

Get into a rehab, get into a program or just put it down and stop drinkng

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol in urine in cup how long does the alcohol last? [ 7 Answers ]

I am on probation and I wanted to go out w the girls so I peed in a cup I can't remember

Help, Positive ETG Alcohol test and no alcohol has been consumed? [ 21 Answers ]

And again. More failed ETGs. He is not drinking. What to do? Could there be something wrong with his liver? He DOES NOT drink.

View more questions Search