Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lish529 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 08:02 AM
    I am a school nurse and my boyfriend is an ex-felon.will marrying him endanger my job
    I am a school nurse and my boyfriend is an ex-felon. Would marrying him endanger my career?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2012, 08:07 AM
    Typically not. You should, though, double check any written agreements that you have with your employer.

It is my opinion that if an employer says that you cannot be married to someone with a previous felony conviction, then that term of the employment agreement is not enforceable.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 08:59 AM
    Are there any such stipulations in your employment contract? If not no.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 09:10 AM
    Should it, no, can if , lets be honest, of course, if some of the wonderful school board members don't like it, or if the school gets too many complaints from loving parents, don't you think they will always find something wrong with your work.

In the corporate world it is not different, if your wife will not belong to the correct garden club, or if you do wrong at a christmas party, your career can be over.

Of course living with them and not married would be no better.
    lish529 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 11:28 AM
    Thanks everyone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marrying a felon [ 10 Answers ]

If I am a lawyer and I marry a felon does it have implications?

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Marrying a felon [ 3 Answers ]

I am a marine and would like to know if there are any implications if I marry a felon, and would that affect my security clearance?

View more questions Search