Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    novagrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2006, 07:51 PM
    Tips to fade semi-permanent hair after 48 hours
    Last Thursday I had my hair dyed at a salon and it came out black. My hair is naturally dirty blonde and I just wanted it a shade darker than my roots to even it all out. I really don't know what she did to make it so dark. I didn't think to try home remedies when I got home and went away for the weekend. While I was away I washed my hair nearly 6 times in a three day span and it still looked the same. So, this evening I went online to research some techniques. As we speak, I am soaking my hair in dish detergent. I don't know if this is a good idea or not. I was planning on getting Prell shampoo after work tomorrow. Is it too late to be trying these techniques? All of the advice I have been reading is for people who dyed their hair within 48 hours. If not, what do you suggest? I don't really want to get my hair stripped and pay the additional money. The salon I went to isn't near my house (I was dog-sitting). How long does it normally take for hair to fade naturally with normal shampoo washing? Thank you for your time. I hope to hear from you soon!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 26, 2006, 11:28 AM
    Dark hair colors are hard to correct or fade because the pigments in the dye are very strong. The color will gradually fade if you shampoo your hair frequently. Try using a clarifying shampoo, it will help fade the color faster.
    Mmgraham23 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Don't use the dish soap the same thing happened to me and dish soap is jut horrible it will dy your hair and hurt your scalpe very much if you want to get rid of the color at home just go get some color oops you can find it at most stores this will take out all the color and you can dye your hair the color you want that same day! Just be careful when you do get a shade or 2 lighter than the color you want.. color oops is really good it doesn't damage or dry hair all you need is to use conditioner after you take the color oops out its simple but if you don't want to take the color out an re dye you can try clarifying shampoo I recommend the neutragina anti residue shampoo it's really good and should be used by every one once and awhile this will help the color fade faster esspcially if you sleep in it! Either one will work don't use dish soap though its really bad for your hair

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fade my black hair dye? [ 36 Answers ]

The day before yesterday I dyed my hair black. My natural hair color is dark brown and I like my hair really dark, but the black is a bit well... black :( . I want to fade it a bit and make it tone down a little faster. I have heard that washing your hair with Prell shampoo and putting hot...

Semi-permanent color [ 2 Answers ]

Hello prettypetite1 I am worndering if you can tell me about demi-permanent color. I used a natural brown hair color (permanent) on my hair . I wanted my hair to match a hair piece so I went to Sallys and they gave me a demi-permanent color of ash blond to take the red out of my hair. I am...

Prell method of removing semi-permanent color [ 8 Answers ]

Three days a go I dyed my medium, dark brown hair with a black semi-permanent dye (lasts 28 shampoos) and it turned way too black. I tried washing it out with a clarifying shampoo and the Prell method of removal (put it on my dry hair, threw cap over it and blow dried it on hot every now and then,...

What color would my hair fade into.. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well... I heard that Prell shampoo works well. See... I experiment with my hair often. My hairstylist, Carlos, and me decided I could go a shade and a half brighter in my red because it was fading fast. I was scared to do the whole head so I higlighted it... and because of that, I did not dye my...

How to Fade Dyed Dark Hair? [ 12 Answers ]

Im naturally a very fair, light brown colour hair and I died it black about 3 months ago but because my hair is so long I used two hair dyes to cover it. Unfortunately it didn't and the ends of my hair stayed the same light colour. Now my roots are coming through so I have light roots and light...

View more questions Search