Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nmutchler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Loose one handle faucet on kitchen sink
    How would I fix my kitchen faucet it is very loose on the sink - still works fine - but I know this can't be good for it.
    It is a one handle with spray diverter.
    It didn't just gradually get loose - just one day it was like that.

I need something like 'anatomy of a faucet' - as I have no clue what to do.
    I can follow directions though!

Thanks in advance

Nancy
    jomaamoj Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nmutchler
    How would I fix my kitchen faucet it is very loose on the sink - still works fine - but I know this can't be good for it.
    It is a one handle with spray diverter.
    It didn't just gradually get loose - just one day it was like that.

I need something like 'anatomy of a faucet' - as I have no clue what to do.
    I can follow directions though!

Thanks in advance

Nancy
    Look for the manufactures name find the model number go to any home depot or Lowe's and talk to someone in the plumbing department I
    I,am sure they can help you.

GOOD LUCK
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Single handle faucets usually have a hex set screw just below the handle. Tilt it all the way in one direction and look with a flashlight. Tilt back and then to the otherside. You should see it in one of those locations. Tighten with an Allen wrench.

Please score my answer so I'll know if I helped you. Good luck.
    nmutchler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Ballengerb - the base is loose - the faucet sort hangs there limply. I can try the allen wrench thing, thank you - but I'm thinking there is more to it since the bottom/base is loose too
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 06:37 PM
    I misunderstood your situation. Get that same flashlight and slide under the sink, you wanted to clean out that junk in the cabinet anyway. Look up at the two supply lines running to the sink faucet. You will see two small nuts or one large nut around the stem. Tighten those nuts.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 07:22 PM
    It is very possible that the base of the faucet has rusted and has come loose for the portion of the faucet that holds it tight against the sink, Do like was said before, look un under the sink where the faucet comes through the sink test to see if things under there are loose. Shake the supply;y lines and see if they are lose and will move around easily.
    I think you only way to solve this problem is going to be to replace the faucet.
    Help109 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 03:27 PM
    If you have a light gauge stainless sink, the force of moving the faucet can cause
    The sink metal to deflect. May need to reinforce the underside where the mounting
    Nuts snug up the faucet to the sink. Have a contractor look at it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Odor from vent next to kitchen sink faucet [ 8 Answers ]

We have some sort of vent thing on our kitchen sink that has some awful smells coming out of it. The dishwasher drain attaches to it just below the sink at a T. On the other part of the T there is a black rubber hose running back down to the PVC pipe below the disposal and above the trap. Sometimes...

Loose faucet handle [ 12 Answers ]

We just installed a new Price Fister faucet in our kitchen sink. The lever that turns the water on doesn't stay up unless you hold it (up is on, down is off). We can't lift the handle halfway to get only a little water because the handle falls to the off position immediately. Is there a screw to...

Help with a Peerless Two Handle Kitchen Faucet w/Sprayer [ 4 Answers ]

Culprit: Peerless Two Handle Kitchen Faucet w/Sprayer Two part question: 1) Need instructions and photo illustrations (if possible) on fixing a dripping faucet; and 2) same for separate sprayer worked fine just after install but now it does not spray. A slight stream of water is coming from the...

Kitchen faucet handle [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to get off my kitchen faucet handle (single faucet) but the hex nut that unlocks it will not turn. Any suggestions how to unloosen the hex nut? I tried vinegar and oil with no success. It is a Kohler single faucet kitchen sink. Thanks, gatnus

Kitchen Sink faucet - odd nut [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new at this so figure I'll just jump right in and be ignorant... We have a kitchen sink faucet (American Standard I think) that seems to have a retaining nut under it that defies logic. I've replaced the faucet, drain, etc in the bathrooms and it was nothing like this. This kitchen...

View more questions Search