Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalasteffie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 01:02 PM
    How do I find out if someone died in our apartment?
    I am sure this is not the right area to be asking, but there really is no direct topic: We live in an apartment that had been vacant for a long while. We are very sure we have a ghost. How do I find out if someone died here? If we had a deed we could go that way,but it is an apartment, and no one is talking. ANY help would be wonderful, thanks!
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Mar 18, 2009, 07:47 PM
    You could go to a branch of your local library and look up microfilm or intranet
    Computer records of newspaper articles, using that address, if you have any
    Realistic time frame (one or two years). If you have any police friends, neighbors
    Or acquaintances, you could have them research crimes at that address for you.

Have you talked to any of the other tenants, maybe not on either side, but
    A little further away that would have lived there for a few years. I wouldn't see
    Why "everyone" in the complex (unless it's composed of four or less units)
    Would feel compelled to keep any secrets for management.

Good luck.
    lalasteffie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 02:09 AM

Thanks couchcarrot. We only moved in in November, and tend to keep to ourselves, as we are trying to avoid the whole "too close neighbors thing". The complex was built in the 70's, so there is a great deal of history here. I will spend some time at the library, I am there a great deal anyway. Thanks for your help!
    stunz90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2012, 08:23 PM
    I am never at the lirary an have the same thing going on with me... is there any website I wuld be able to go to? My apts also was bult and the 70s, and is in tucson! If anyone knowes a way pleas help I have two children and as of last nigh have had a bad fisical incounter! Before it was dreams of this entaty hurting my two boys.
    strange4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 02:35 PM
    Wow stunz90 that is creepy. My husband and I use to live in an apartment that had some bad paranormal activity going on. It went as far as to biteing him on his foot and made him bleed. I have been wondering the same thing. How can we get some records on apartments and crimes that have happened there.
    RebeccaKnievel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 10:44 PM
    How do I find out if there was a death in my apartment?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 09:58 AM
    Couchcarrot's advice is still very good.

Your local library should have newspaper archives and resources from local historians including records of births and deaths. The library can also point you to other places to look.

Something to keep in mind is that any activity may not be tied to the apartment but the building, the land, or any possessions in the home especially antiques or older items.

Keep in mind that you are looking at a time consuming effort. Research takes time especially if you are going through older archives.
    vanyperry1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
    I would like to add for everyone here, that sometimes these entities will follow you, when you cast 1 away, 7 more will come, if you do not have religion in your life FIND IT. I am Christian, and never been closer to God, and still my husband and I even my 3 year old had encounters with a ghost that I (amazingly) finally caught on camera, the day we moved out. I was taking final pictures of the place to have proff that we left the place, cleaned and spotless with no damages, and just yesterday morning, I was reviewing the pictures and in our bedroom there he was, staring right at us as we took the picture! I anoint my home and pray over myself and family even our dog, cast it away in the name of Jesus. Trust me, he's the only one that can help you. Learn how to be strong, and do not fear them. Because that is what they want. They want you to be afraid. Don't be. Cast them out immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find if someone ever died in my home [ 8 Answers ]

My 15 month old daghter screams if the door leading to the garage isn't open all day/ I sometimes find her in the garage "talking' to someone, but no one is there. She also wakes up in the middle of the night screaming to go out to the garage. How can I find out who she is talking to or if someone...

How do I find out if someone has died in a home? [ 1 Answers ]

I work in a home in Portland Maine. I work overnights so its just me in the house. All of the clients are sleeping. They are also all deaf. No matter where I am in the house, I always feel someone is right behind me. I see and hear things as well. The downstairs is even creepier than the rest of...

How do I find out if someone died in my house [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if someone died in my house because a lot of weird things happen in here and I've had a couple experiences that bother me so how do I find out

I need to find out how someone died [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out an old friend of mine passed away last year but I can't find anything online about his death without having to pay, I don't have a credit card or anything so I can't use a paysite. I really want to know what happened to him, and I can't find any of his friends or family to help...

View more questions Search