Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jelanaknight Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 12:55 PM
    I have bv and I'm 7 days late
    My last period went off the 10th of February and it was due the 9th of march. I spotted on the 6th of march and on the 16th and 17th and on the 1th I was diagnosed wit bv and I'm now officially 7days late. I have an irregular period and they last 4 days now. Taking all answers and all advice. PLEASE HELP
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2012, 02:14 PM
    Hi Jelanaknight,

Have you had bv before? If so, does it seem to reoccur with any sort of pattern? Have you always had irregular periods? Any issues with ovarian cysts?

Both bv and irregular cycles may be seen in women who have a hormonal imbalance, as is seen in women with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) for example. That would not be the only possibility however.

Would pregnancy be a possibility? That would obviously be another possible reason for a lack of a period. If so, you could try a pregnancy test. The bv would not effect test results.

If you haven't had a check on hormone levels, simply due to the irregular cycles, you may want to ask your gp about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period is 10 days late, negative pregnancy test about 3 days ago [ 10 Answers ]

My period is 10 days late, negative pregancy test about 3 days ago... I am just wondering if I am pregnant or not? My husband and I have been trying for about 4 months.. I usually get my period by now.

My period was 10 days late and I began spotting for 2 days and light bleeding after.. [ 2 Answers ]

I had no actual menstrual flow as i had no use for pad/tampon. I did wear a pantyliner and nothing on it. It started with 2 days of spotting brownish/pinkish and light bleeding after for next couple of days but i only seen when i wiped the whole time. I took a pregnancy test and negative result....

View more questions Search