Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    69cougar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Coleman evcon furnace
    My home has coleman evcon furnace 12 years old.I can set the thermostat at 74 degrees and the furnace will start with a 30second purge then the ignitor will warm up and glow red then the main burner lights.then the burner stays lit and the blower runs for a couple minutes. Then the thermostat calls for heat the igniter will glow red again but the burner does not lite and the purge fan will come back on and continue to run.then I have to shut the thermostat off and turn it back on and the furnace will cycle and run another heat cycle or two and then it will not ignite the main burner on the next call for heat.the furnace will only go threw the ignitor glowing red then to purge.the hot surface ignition module was replaced 2 years ago.what do you think the problem is?:confused:
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Look for a diagnostic light next time it locks out. See here.
    Omly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 06:56 AM
    We have had the same problem with our Coleman Evcon furnace. The indicator light was blinking 3 times. We originally replaced the Limit switch which did not help and then we purchased the whole blower assemble for about $200.00 dollars and that didn't take care of the problem. At first after testing we thought we got a bad blower assemble and then my husband said less try one other thing. We replaced the thermostat. The original one seemed like it was working fine but lo and behold when we replace it the furnace started working fine. TRY THIS FIRST to save yourself some money. We even thought it might be the circuit board. We tested the blower with a multimeter and the readings on it showed the new blower assembly was bad. I contacted the company we purchased it from and they said we would have to purchase another one and they would have to send the supposedly bad one back to coleman and if coleman found that it was NOT bad then we would own two of them. At $200.00 a crack we decided to try to analyze it again ourselves. I hope the replacement of the thermostat works for you as it did us. Try it, hopefully this will solve your problem at a less of an expense.
    At least we are not freezing anymore.
    genemarten Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2012, 04:34 PM
    We are having the same problem. I installed a new thermostat. Sadly our heater is not kicking on. L cleaned the ignition assembly and sensor with emery cloth. I reinstalled and tried again the main burner does not kick on. I noticed the yellow light came on along with a green. Does anybody know what that meana ?

Mar 15, 2012, 04:38 PM
    We are having the same problem. I installed a new thermostat. Sadly our heater is not kicking on. L cleaned the ignition assembly and sensor with emery cloth. I reinstalled and tried again the main burner does not kick on. I noticed the yellow light came on along with a green. Does anybody know what that meana ?

Mar 16, 2012, 07:00 PM

What does a yellow light on the indicator mean?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman Evcon BlendAir Alarm [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ~ 1998 Coleman Evcon gas furnace in a mobile home. It has a "BlendAire II" system on it. Recently, an alarm went off which indicates a problem with the vent attic fan. Does anyone know what this does or what typically goes wrong with this ? From what I have read, there is a circuit...

Coleman furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Does the upper limit switch act as a breaker? Will the red button pop up only when it needs to be reset? In other words, if the red button is not popped up does that mean it is working correctly?

Coleman Evcon fan keeps running [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, This is my first question and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a 1996 Coleman Evcon gas heater/ac unit in my manufactured home. The problem I'm having is that the fan (not heat or ac) keeps coming on for no reason. Even when I have the heat and ac off, the fan keeps kicking on and...

Coleman evcon [ 2 Answers ]

Fan won't come on in heat position

View more questions Search