Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cricket7701 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 02:19 PM
    I drank 8 12oz beers lastnight by 1am can I pass a Lab UA test today at Noon?
    I drank 8 12oz beers last night between 6pm and 1am. I was surprised with a UA at noon today that's being sent to the lab for testing. I didn't drink much water maybe just 1 cup or so will I pass the test? I'm a female in my 30's, I'm 5'6 and way about 155lbs.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket7701 View Post
    I drank 8 12oz beers last night between 6pm and 1am. I was surprised with a UA at noon today that's being sent to the lab for testing. I didn't drink much water maybe just 1 cup or so will I pass the test? I'm a female in my 30's, i'm 5'6 and way about 155lbs.
    Do you know what is being tested for?

If the test is for alcohol only it will in all likelihood be clear*. But that can be tested on-site and generally is not sent out.

The fact that the sample is being sent to a lab probably indicates an EtG test.

The amount consumed, time of last drink (BAC .11 approx), and time to test indicates that your only chance of passing that test is if they spill your sample or another error occurs.

*this assumes a BAC of .1132, (F-155-7 hr) and an elimination rate of .018 ph
    cricket7701 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 03:22 PM
    [QUOTE=DrBill100;3057276]Do you know what is being tested for?

If the test is for alcohol only it will in all likelihood be clear*. But that can be tested on-site and generally is not sent out.

The fact that the sample is being sent to a lab probably indicates an EtG test.

The amount consumed, time of last drink (BAC .11 approx), and time to test indicates that your only chance of passing that test is if they spill your sample or another error occurs.

*this assumes a BAC of .1132, (F-155-7 hr) and an elimination rate of .018 ph[/QUO

It's being tested for alcohol and can they not do ETG tests on site?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 04:00 PM
    EtG testing is laboratory based due to instrument requirements. Alcohol (EtOH) testing can be performed on-site (and generally is), whether by breath analysis or urine analysis (dip stick type).

EtG is a metabolite of alcohol metabolism and therefore considered an alcohol test (in broad application). Detection of alcohol consumption is the only purpose of the test.

However, if the test is as you indicate, for systemic EtOH then you should be clean at that time as long as you are in good health.
    msberry123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2012, 04:34 AM
    No you will not be able to pass the test I know this from being in a program
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 07:12 AM
    Why are you being tested ? For probation, for work, for Children Services

If you knew you were being tested, why are you drinking, if it is obvious that you are not suppose to be drinking if you are being tested. Are you in any program to try and help you with your drinking problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drank Friday Got tested today(Thursday), will I pass this EtG test? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 5'3, 118 pounds, female. I had five glasses of Franzia Merlot wine starting Friday night at 11, and ending at 4am Saturday morning. I got a surprise EtG test this morning(Thursday) at 9am. I have read it EtG cannot usually be detected past 80 hours, however this treatment center I go to...

IF I drank 5 beers on Sunday night and have to ETG test today will I be able to pass? [ 9 Answers ]

IF I drank 5 beers on Sunday night will I pass an EtG test today? It will be 67 hours since my last drink and I am a 140 lb male with a fast metabolism.

Drank late Saturday night, had a drug test sent to lab today, [ 16 Answers ]

I slipped up on Saturday nght and drank. Last drink was 3am Sunday. I just took a drug tet at my counselors office, and to my surprise she sent it to "THE LAB".. I just heard of EtG testing. I'm scared I'm going to get caught and go to jail. Its been 88 hours.. am I okay:eek:

View more questions Search