Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    USMC81HOG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
    Why has my kitchen faucet suddenly lost water pressure?
    I came home today, ready to get a glass of water, and the water pressure at my kitchen faucet is very low. I know it's not a water company problem because the water pressure in the shower and the bathrooms are just fine. I turned the valves under the sink on and off, and still the same, low, water pressure. Can anyone advise me on a fix or figure out the problem from my discription? Called my plumber, but he's a week out... Would love to DIM before he comes. Thanks
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 14, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Remove the aerator on the end of the spout and see what happens.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 14, 2012, 08:09 PM
    Glad you came hear, cancel the plumber for now and we can help you. Harolds posted the very best place to start, the aerator. It can get plugged with very fine particles of debris. If it is still plugged with no aerator then the debris is bigger and plugged the mixing valve.
    USMC81HOG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 11:31 PM
    I unscrewed it and blew air through it, seemed to be pretty clean. After, the water pressure got worse and is no more than a slow stream, but I don't think that its related to removing the aerator; just an observation at that time. Thanks for jumping in and trying to help me.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 04:24 AM
    If there is reduced or no volume, both hot and cold, there must be a blockage in the faucet itself. Is this a single or two handle faucet? Do you have a side spray? If so do you get water out of it?
    dubb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 08:44 PM
    I'm having the same problem and yes I have the exact sink. It's a double sink hot and cold are on separate sides, and it has a spray.. no my sprayer does not work either.. do you think it might need a new faucet..
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 20, 2012, 05:43 AM
    OK guys! Sounds like some minerals broke loose in your pipe walls and is now clogging the inlet ports of the cartridge. The solution would be to shut the water off at the stops and open up the faucet and pull the cartridge, Check and clear the inlet ports on the cartridge. Now place a pan over the open faucet and turn the water back on to flush out the supplies. You should have a strong stream. If not tell me about it. Reassemble and test. Better now? Good luck, Tom
    weezhum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 04:34 PM
    I have a kitchen faucet that has pressure at first but then loses all pressure, the side sprayer wotks great and I have taken the screen off the front. Any help before I'm forced to call a plumber? Im not a handy man but I'm sure I could fix it if I knew the problem. Thanks!
    silvermover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2013, 02:46 PM
    I am having this issue. There in no pressure from the faucet but the side spray works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Suddenly, kitchen faucet water has decreased within one day [ 13 Answers ]

Yesterday I noticed the water pressure in my kitchen sink (only- the rest of the house is fine) has decreased somewhat, and today it is down to little more than a trickle, I removed the aerator and no difference. This is a new faucet that was put on last year, could it be the faucet, or is it...

Kitchen Faucet no water pressure [ 7 Answers ]

One handle kitchen faucet. No water pressure. Took apart. With cartridge out good flow so purchased new.. Still no flow at all.. Anything else to do. I believe it's a Price Pfisca.. (not sure of spelling) just real upset and frustrated. Any ideas. The spray has water..

Lost of hot water from kitchen faucet. [ 1 Answers ]

When using the hot water in our kitchen sink after a few minuets the water gets cold. We can turn off the hot water for several seconds and then the hot water will come back. We have a tankless water heater. All the equipment is less then 3 years old. Any suggestions on what could cause this?

Lost water pressure from Kitchen sink faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, All of a sudden I have lost water pressure from my kitchen sink faucet. What baffles me is that I still have good pressure out of the kitchen sink sprayer. What should I check? Is this common?:eek:

Kitchen faucet water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased and installed my 3rd kitchen water faucet. It is a Moen two handle. The first faucet was some unnamed piece of junk. The second was a Peerless two handle. All three just dribble water out when they're turned on. After the Peerless and a complete kitchen remodel, I wanted to make...

View more questions Search