Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shellyv Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2012, 12:17 AM
    Has stray cat given birth ? What are signs a cat has just had kittens?
    She's about 8 weeks along. A few days ago her belly was very hard, and she was very affectionate. Now her belly isn't as hard, and she's not affectionate at all. Also I haven't ever been able to feel movement in her belly. Is it possible she already had her babies? She really hasn't left our backyard to feed them if she had them.. is there any signs I should ne looking for to tell me if she already had them?
    celticfc Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2012, 08:56 AM
    If you were sure she was pregnant then you should have been keeping an eye on her.8 weeks is too early! Cats are pregnant for 9 weeks and it is unlikely she is a whole week early.is she mewoing to get to a specific place when my cat had kittens she wouldn't leave their side where was she when you noticed she didn't fell pregnant anymore? Was she outside? If she was inside did you hear her making high pitch meow noises or show any signs of stress?

Mar 14, 2012, 11:04 AM
    She is not our cat ,as I stated she is a stray. We tried bringing her in house but she was not comfortable ,she wanted to go back out. I can't keep an eye on her 24/7. She has not been meowing to get to her kittens. I never heard the high pitch meow or any signs of stress. I have heard sometimes cats will leave their kittens if the kittens are sick. I was just curious if there were any signs that she could have had the kittens. I haven't noticed blood on her Her nipples are still big. She just acts depressed and sad. She is eating. I don't know if I should take her to the vet.. I don't want to cause her any more stress in case she is still pregnant
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 14, 2012, 11:07 AM
    Is her belly smaller? (Had it been bigger?)

Mar 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
    She is not our cat ,as I stated she is a stray. We tried bringing her in house but she was not comfortable ,she wanted to go back out. I can't keep an eye on her 24/7. She has not been meowing to get to her kittens. I never heard the high pitch meow or any signs of stress. I have heard sometimes cats will leave their kittens if the kittens are sick. I was just curious if there were any signs that she could have had the kittens. I haven't noticed blood on her Her nipples are still big. She just acts depressed and sad. She is eating. I don't know if I should take her to the vet.. I don't want to cause her any more stress in case she is still pregnant

Mar 14, 2012, 11:14 AM
    Her belly is smaller , but I still feel lumps in it. On sat it was rock hard for a bit but then it went away. Maybe it was just a contraction. Do all pregnant cats act sociable before birth? Or do some just lay in their birthing box and stay away from humans?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 14, 2012, 11:44 AM
    They normally actively search for a private place to give birth, maybe still be affectionate. The obviously pregnant stray that we were feeding disappeared for about a week, then returned to our back door for lunch, was thin and lovely. About four weeks later, she brought us her kittens to admire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stray cat,possibly pregnant or recently had kittens... how to tell?What to do? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, the last couple of weeks we've had visits from a stray calico kitty.We had been keeping out bag of dog food outside in the back and apparently she had been getting into it and eating it.We figured it was fine because it didn't really matter to us;we would just buy more dog food.She had always...

Took in a stray abused cat from outdoors; but cat get it to go in the litter box! [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My roommate and I have recently took in a stray beaten up cat. When she took her to the vet she ended up dropping loads of money on this cat to help her. She has a giant wound, and has a respitory infection, she was very mal nutritioned- she's skin and bones.. the whole nine yards....

How do I know if my stray cat is still feeding her kittens [ 0 Answers ]

So there this stray cat who has been coming to my house for the past two years in that time I allways fed her but I can't let her in the house because my husband is alerject to cats and I have two dogs. Before she (the cat) had kittens but I didn't see them because she brout them to my nabors...

A stray cat just had kittens [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! Im New Here, Im Pretty Sure That A Stray Cat That Come S On My Back Porch Has Just Had Kittens And I Was Wondering If The Kittens Start Following There Mom After A Sertain Period, Im Hopping That She Will Bring Them To My Back Porch When She Comes And Eats So I Can't Bring Them To A Shelter....

Stray cat- is she pregnant or did she have kittens already? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Four days ago I stumbed upon a small cat who appears to be pregnant. She is very sweet, skinny, and hungry. I fed her outside for about 3 days and just decided to bring her inside today. My concern is whether she has had kittens or is still pregnant. I couldn't find kittens anywhere, but...

View more questions Search