Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hjeanc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Convert shower to bathtub
    Hi,
    I am renting and the bathroom has only a stand in shower. I have a toddler daughter who still likes to bathe. Is there any such thing as a shower add on or insert of sorts that allows it to be filled partially and used as a tub?
    Thanks!
    Heather
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2012, 02:44 PM
    Buy a plastic child's swimming pool and a shower head on a hose.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 7, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Hey Heather,
    The cost of converting a shower to a tub would be very expensive for a home owner. For a renter it's not feasible. You may not like Wondergirls solution but I can't come up with a better one. Good luck. Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Talk about good, basic, low$$ answers! I'm impressed.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 03:58 PM
    Get the largest cooler or ice chest you can find that will fit in the shower. Why a cooler? It will have higher sides and more importantly,it will have a drain so you can empty it.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 02:38 PM
    Great idea Wondergirl, and believe it or not, they actually have blow up and other types of solutions for Toddlers and other young children who do not have the benefit of a bathtub. Toys R Us has a whole baby bathtub category , and I especially like the bubbling whirlpool!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2012, 03:59 PM
    The question is about a toddler, not an infant. A toddler isn't just a little ball of cooing and cuteness any longer, and will want room to play with his ducky and boats and submarine diver guys. So go to K-Mart (or Walmart or Target) to the bath section to buy the shower hose, then go to Toys and buy a small inexpensive blow-up kiddie pool and voilą! The sides will be low enough so Mom can easily wash the kid, and there will be enough room for bath-time play.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 9, 2012, 08:05 AM
    Hey Wondergirl!
    Want to quit Jobs & Parenting and come over and be a plumbing expert? I like your style!
    Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert shower to soaking tub? [ 8 Answers ]

I have 2 bathrooms, both with showers, and no room to convert either one into a tub. So I thought about building up the wall on one and converting it to a soaking tub. The shower is square with 3-sides wall, ceramic tile. The new wall would be built onto the front with maybe a low seat added inside...

Convert bath tub to shower? [ 2 Answers ]

We are only renting, so no major changes can be made. Is there a product that can easily convert a bath tub faucet to a shower head? I'm hoping maybe there is something that could fit inside the spout on the faucet so it could be diverted to a shower attachment. Thaaaaanks a million!

Basement drain convert to shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I am trying to finish off our basement, and I would like to put a shower in place of a cast iron floor drain. I have 3 pictures of the drain as it is right now. I don't care if I use a fiberglass shower pan or if I make a tile shower pan. The floor is already sloped into the drain, but...

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

View more questions Search