Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MS.CONFUSION Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2012, 09:26 AM
    What is a commitment charge?
    I was just wondering what it means when a person goes to jail and the charge is 'commitment'
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2012, 09:35 AM
    The "charge" is not "commitment". Commitment means going to jail due to the charge. If you can elaborate about the situation, we can help you further.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2012, 09:39 AM
    In my area the term "commitment charge" refers to the charge which caused the person to be committed. For example, the commitment charge could be armed robbery.
    MS.CONFUSION Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2012, 09:44 AM
    Reason I want to know what a commitment charge is.
    There is a website in my area where I can look at peoples mugshots that have been arrested recently I found a friends mugshot and her main charge says 'commitment' so I would like to know what it means.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Different court locations may have different terms, so best might be to just call the Court that handles those listings and ask them what it means.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2012, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Different court locations may have different terms, so best might be to just call the Court that handles those listings and ask them what it means.

Agreed - in this context it could mean anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I charge a fix rate or charge by the square ft to paint a house exterior. [ 1 Answers ]

Should I charge a fix rate or charge by the square foot to paint the exterior of a home around 2000 square feet?

Negative charge of -3.0 * 10^-6 and a positve charge of 4.0 * 10^-6 are separated by [ 1 Answers ]

I neeed help on my homework and how I am supposed to do it...

What is a commitment [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! Some days my boyfriend and I were talking about if we should live together but for me it is important to get married because I have a little baby and also because it is one of my dreams and I told him that we should make a commitment then he asked what is for you a commitment? I got a bit...

View more questions Search