Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pianoprincess Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 08:05 AM
    How do you sprain your ankle easily?
    I am writing a story and I was wondering if there was a way to sprain your ankle easily. I've never sprained my ankle before and I need a simple, realistic way to sprain an ankle. My character is a teenage girl living in the 1800's.
    axdwdrgc Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2012, 09:35 PM
    Fall downthe stairs. Thas howi sprained mind. Fall from something high. That's how I sprained it the second time.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 28, 2012, 09:39 PM
    Step in a hole... trip... slip. My dad broke his ankle years ago simply stepping off a curb and slipping. It's all in the way you step on it and land.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2012, 09:42 PM
    I was eleven and sitting in a sour cherry tree straddling a branch over a cow pasture, daydreaming and watching the cows eat grass. I heard my mom call me in for supper, swung down off the branch, and dropped feet first, but twisted my right ankle when I hit the ground.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2012, 09:44 PM
    Ankles are easily sprained. As noted, stepping in a small whole, merely twisting your foot, trip on a rock, step on something that moves under your foot.
    ashley.jean Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Mar 7, 2012, 09:21 PM
    My Way For you to Get Healed Is Really Just Go to the doctor. Drink Some Medicine And Baby You'll Feel Just Fine :) Your Welcome

.Love Ashley Jean
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 10:14 PM
    My Way For you to Get Healed Is Really Just Go to the doctor. Drink Some Medicine And Baby You'll Feel Just Fine Your Welcome
    Ashley, read her question again, then respond. She's writing a book. She hasn't sprained her ankle. She wants to know how a character in her book could sprain her ankle, legitimately. She doesn't need medical attention, since she hasn't actually sprained her ankle.

I realize it's a bit confusing, since she did post this thread in the medical forum, and not the writing forum, but still, you have to read the actual question before responding. You can't just go by the title, or the forum it's in.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Mar 10, 2012, 08:07 PM
    How about Hoop Rolling or Trundling (a popular game in the 1800's) Injury occurs while she is running behind her hoop.
    listen_to_me Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 04:46 PM
    OK this is how I sprained mt ankle I was in my sisters high hills and I was walking in them then my foot went on the sides and I got cruches
    listen_to_me Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 04:47 PM
    Sorry for the mistake I was meant to say on the side
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by listen_to_me View Post
    ok this is how i sprained mt ankle i was in my sisters high hills and i was walking in them then my foot went on the sides and i got cruches
    "High hills"?
    harmonization Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Hey, my friend got her ankle sprained, and I know how. But I wanted an easy every day thing that could sprain my ankle without hurting, any ideas?
    Entomology Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 08:11 PM
    Why would you want to sprain your ankle?

It can't be done without hurting.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Why would you want to sprain your ankle?

It can't be done without hurting.
    It's for her story. Note her first post.
    Entomology Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 08:20 PM
    I know the OP asked this for a story but how about the post right above mine from harmonization... that's who I'm asking right now.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    I know the OP asked this for a story but how about the post right above mine from harmonization...that's who I'm asking right now.
    Maybe she's writing a story too. Or there's an ankle-spraining epidemic beginning.
    Entomology Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 08:25 PM
    No, there's another thread they started. It seems a little odd to me really.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 08:35 PM
    We have too much time on our hands with school out?

You were in the "friendly horse" thread, weren't you?
    potterboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 10:42 PM
    Okay, this is how I sprained my ankle and my teeth ended up bleeding also.
    First of all I came downstairs to get a drink of water at night. All the lights were turned off and then I tripped over one of my brothers toy cars and I stumbled.
    That`s how I sprained my ankle hope your story goes well.
    cute girl here Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 04:09 AM
    I know that you can sprain your ankle by putting your foot on the side of your foot and twist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grade 3 sprain [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm after some advice regarding a bad sprain. On Saturday night my left ankle gave way coming down the stairs and I fell hurting it pretty bad. Went to casualty where it was xrayed and told it was just a sprain and sent on my way (nothing on it and just told to ice and rest). So went away and...

Knee sprain [ 0 Answers ]

My name is alex, and I was told from a Dr, that I had a Knee sprain. This is what happened. I was mopping a floor Now, this floor was about 30,000 sq ft, and it might even be Bigger then that, it was a bakers super store. Well first night I did This, next afternoon when I got up it...

Sprain or Fracture? [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday evening I had taken our 11 week old puppy out for a walk. As I was walking down the hill in our driveway, she darted in front of me and I had to avoid stepping on her. Other than that, it was a routine walk. We came back inside and I settled on the couch to watch some TV and play...

Si joint sprain [ 2 Answers ]

My 14 year old son has been suffering from back pain for 1 year. He had physical therapy and feels better with rest. The pain is better but his back is still sore and becomes worse when he plays baseball. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search