Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rosewood88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2012, 09:36 PM
    4 Negative Pregnancy tests, (43 days after period was due )
    I am 18 years old. My period was do on the 8th of January and hasn't come yet. I have taken 4 pregnancy test, considering my sexual activity prior and all of them were negative. I have continued having sex. I thought maybe it was due to stress or just a change in hormones, or something, ANYTHING! Can I still be pregnant? Should I worry?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 24, 2012, 10:28 PM
    What sort of pregnancy tests did you take? Where they all home pregnancy tests? Did you follow the directions exactly, making sure to use first morning urine?

Are you using any form of birth control? If so, what type?

It's possible that you are pregnant. If you're continuing to have sex, especially unprotected sex (even with protection pregnancy is possible), then if you're not already pregnant you'll likely be pregnant soon.

Try another hpt. If that one's negative then it's time to go to the doctor for a blood test.

Feb 25, 2012, 02:32 PM
    I haven't been on any birth controls for years now. I took at home pregnancy tests, but I didn't take them during first mornin urine.

Today though I felt some really intense cramps and even spotting. I do plan to go for a blood test. But, is it possible to have your period and still be pregnant?
    Pets Expert

Feb 25, 2012, 02:35 PM
    Some women can bleed throughout pregnancy and even mistake it as a period. It's not as uncommon as some people seem to think.

If you're not using any birth control then there's a very good chance that you are pregnant, or that you'll get pregnant very soon.

Testing with first morning urine is the most accurate. I would try taking another hpt and use first morning urine, see what it says and then go from there. :)

Feb 25, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Thank you so much! You have no idea how helpful that is. I'll post the news as soon as I know!
    Pets Expert

Feb 25, 2012, 06:28 PM
    No problem. Keep me posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18 days late with period.Negative Pregnancy tests! [ 6 Answers ]

I was suppose to start my period on December 16th. I have never had irregular periods or even started late. My cycle is exactly 30 days. I did have unprotected sex several times during the end of November and all throughout December. I haven't had to many common pregnancy symptoms. Although I have...

Period is 7 days late with 2 negative pregnancy tests, pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

My period is sometimes late, but never this late. I haven't had any unprotected sex but a small amount of precum may have gotten on me a few weeks ago. I have also had cramps for over a week now.

Period 11 days late and 4 pregnancy tests negative [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am 11 days late. My husband and I never use protection and I am not on any birthcontrol. I have had normal periods up until my last period. Aug 26th. Is it too soon to tell.

7 days late period, unprotected sex, light period but 2 negative pregnancy tests [ 9 Answers ]

STRESSED! The first day of my last period was May 13th, 2009. My ex & I had unprotected sex on May 31st, 2009 (we did the pull out method 2 times). I was supposed to get my period around May 8th or 9th & didn't get it until May 16th & it was noticeably lighter & ended on May 17th. I took a digital...

Period is 8 days late and negative pregnancy home tests [ 1 Answers ]

Okay umm well I'm like 16 turning 17 years old and like, I'm having this problem.. My period was due around the 20-22 of November and it is now the 28th of November and I'm worried because it's late. Recently round 2-3 weeks ago I had sex with my boyfriend but we didn't use any Protection and I'm...

View more questions Search