Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    botwell Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 05:54 PM
    Procedure for gc/ms test
    I was tested at probation & it showed amphetamines. So it was sent to lab. Came back positive for methamphetimes. HAS to be a false positive because I have never seen meth. I do take didrex, which she has on file. When I left the probation office the day of the screening, the urine was still in the hallway on a table. It shows on the paperwork from the lab they received the specimen... 6 days after the sample was taken. I never signed or initialed anything on the sample going to the lab. Isn't there a procedure or protocol for sending that stuff in?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2012, 09:22 PM
    Not as strict on probation, since this is not a new criminal charge. It may be enough to fight if they violate you over it.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2012, 09:58 PM
    As I understand your complaint, your initial assay was positive for amphetamine (Amp) by screen (IA). Confirmatory testing by GC/MS particularized to methamphetamine (MAmp). You are prescribed Didrex.

Didrex (Benzphetamine) metabolizes into d-amphetamine, same as methamphetamine,* and could (in fact should) return positive on both initial screen and confirmatory test (i.e. false positive for meth).

Since you do not use meth and have previously recorded use of Didrex I would suggest you direct your contest to the documented pharmacolgic facts noted foregoing as opposed to procedural errors noted.

If we can be of further assistance please advise.

* See Didrex as example.

Feb 23, 2012, 10:31 PM
    I had taken Adipex and Didrex. I showed her proof of those and she said diet pills would show as amphetimine but would not show as methamphetimine. So, she has issued a warrant. But I told her that's all it could possibly be. I would have no reason for lying, not on here for sure. I have no idea what to do. I'm only on probation because I loaned my car to a friend & she was out shoplifting and they were convinced I knew whay she eas doing. Anyway, @ this point, I'm supposed to turn myself in & there is a $778 cash bond... which I do not have. Do you guys have any advice for me? Again, I have no idea what to do.

Feb 23, 2012, 10:37 PM
    I am contesting the MAmp which makes me doubt how the procedure was handled leading to that result. I was just hoping there were options for me. I can't imagine a judge would take my word over the labs word. This would cost me 31 days or longer in county jail. No way I could ever handle that.

Feb 23, 2012, 10:56 PM
    Thanks guys. I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had a aic sugar test today and my test cam back high it was 6.2 do I have dieabets? [ 1 Answers ]

I have poly cystic ovary and I have been on sugar pills for high insulln levels and now I'm on blood pressure pils because my blood pressure is always high.I wanted to know if I have dieabets because my aic came back as 6.2 today I go back to dr next week when she gets back *** help me

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate:a scalp hair test or a body hair test? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate: a scalp hair test or a body hair test. We have 2 test that were taken on the SAME day & 1 shows positive for methamphetamine and 1 shows negative. It should show negative! We are at a loss as to how a test that is so accurate has 2 different...

I'm two weeks late with my period heaps of crampin done blood test and urine test but [ 1 Answers ]

The tests were negative am I pankin too much!

EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday? [ 21 Answers ]

I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!? :confused: :eek:

View more questions Search