Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smathon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Blinking 'normal wash' light on kenmore dishwasher 665.17363301
    Model #: 665.17363301

This morning the 'normal wash' light started blinking and the dishwasher will not respond. I've turned the power off and on and it returns to the blinking light. The only other button that does anything (though not consistently) is the 'cancel/drain' button that when pushed starts blinking as well.

I've also tried holding down the 'cancel/drain' button and once it started making a disturbing draining noise, but there was no water in the tub.

Thanks.
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 29, 2007, 07:14 PM
    As you may have noticed, not many people want to tackle electronic controlled panels and for good reason. They are not easy to diagnose, even when you get the factory service people to come out, many times they will stick in a new EC board and hope it solves the problem. Sorry if I can't be of more help.
    smathon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 10:52 AM
    If I got it repaired, how much would be labor vs. parts? Should I try to do it myself?

Thanks.
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 30, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smathon
    if i got it repaired, how much would be labor vs. parts? should i try to do it myself?

thanks.
    If you want to get it fixed, factory service charges and labor will probably run in the $100 to $150. Range. EC panel may be from $75 to $125 range, would be my guess.
    I just looked up the part and according to my supplier the part, #8534963, is no longer available.
    Call Sears with that part number and see what they say.
    sarahsez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smathon
    model #: 665.17363301

this morning the 'normal wash' light started blinking and the dishwasher will not respond. i've turned the power off and on and it returns to the blinking light. the only other button that does anything (though not consistently) is the 'cancel/drain' button that when pushed starts blinking as well.

i've also tried holding down the 'cancel/drain' button and once it started making a disturbing draining noise, but there was no water in the tub.

thanks.
    Hi--Try Heated Wash, Heated Dry, Heated Wash, Heated Dry. This worked on mine--after pushing those buttons, it went through a series of red lights. After a minute more or less, the wash light went red and it started through its normal wash cycle.
    Kevlar Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 11:48 AM
    I've also just recently experienced this problem with my Kenmore dishwasher. I originally just uplugged the circuit board & reseated the ribbon cable. That worked for about a week or so.

I replaced the circuit board. That didn't work.

I tried the Heated Wash, Heated Dry, Heated Wash, Heated Dry method. That did nothing.
    rrsteves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 12:09 PM
    It's a bad door switch. It went bad on mine twice so far. The macine doesn't no the door has been opened for loading/reloading so it sits in "hold" mode. Only $15 dollars or so.
    sodell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2012, 12:47 PM
    Did you ever get this fixed? Mine dishwasher is doing the same thing and I am wondering what I need to do to fix it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher flashing "clean" light needs to be reset [ 110 Answers ]

We paid a Sears repairman to come out when we had a flashing "Clean" light on our dishwasher, A Kenmore Ultra Wash 665.1603 or 1703, and he gave us the diagnostic code (buttons to push on the operating panel) and we have used it again after that, but I cannot find the order of the buttons to push...

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Normal Wash Light Flashing [ 2 Answers ]

The Normal Wash light on my five-year old Kenmore 665.15959000 dishwasher is flashing and the keypad is inoperative. I already tried disconnecting the power for several hours and it made no difference. Can somebody tell me what the flashing Normal Wash light means? I am aware of the High Temp, Air...

Kenmore Ultr Wash Model 665-15891790 Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You Get The "control Lock" Light To Turn Off To Use The Dishwasher?

View more questions Search