Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liz85 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Internet Explorer cannot open search page
    Hello Everyone...
    I have set up 3 computers for Internet and the 3rd one does not work correctly when going out to the Internet. I am able to dial out and connect with my provider (Chilitech) and even get the main page from Chilitech. When I go to click on a link or anything off the main page - it goes to page not displayed. If I try to enter anything into the Address for a search then this message comes up [B]Internet Explorer cannot open search page. Also if I click on SEARCH from the tool bar and enter something to search - it tells me that I have lost my connection to the Internet - but upon checking the connection - I am still connected and I can refresh and still get the main page of Chilitech.

Any ideas?

I tried reinstalling IE6 - and it did it but I still get the same thing.

Do I have a setting that is incorrect?

HELP!
    Liz
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 28, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Try purging your cache. Go to Tools>Internet Options. On the General tab select to delete Temp Internet files. Then reboot the PC.

Feb 28, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Thanks for your response ScottGem - I did do that. I deleted files, deleted cookies, cleared history. I printed off this 12 page information to try from Microsoft and did all that was on there but it STILL doesn't work. Do you think I have set it up correctly?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 28, 2007, 07:17 AM
    There's not much to setup. Have you thought of trying an alternative browser like FoxFire?

Feb 28, 2007, 07:29 AM
    I can try that. It is so strange that I got the other 2 to work fine but this one just won't work!

Feb 28, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Thank you! I will try Firefox and see

Mar 1, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz85
    Thank you! I will try Firefox and see
    I tried Firefox and it WORKS!! I also scanned for adware and cleaned that up.

Thank you all so much!! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can not Open Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to open Internet Explorer, My Computer, Search or other explorer connected software I get a clock for a few seconds, my screen repaints, and then nothing happens; i.e. the explorer does not open. I am running Windows XP Home edition. I have tried reinstalling Internet Explorer v6.0,...

Internet Explorer Search Bar [ 3 Answers ]

I had some spyware on my computer, so I used Ad-aware to quarantine these files... now my search bar in IE won't work. If I type something in to search, it says "this page cannot be displayed" How would I fix this?

Internet Explorer could not open search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this dirty message "Internet Explorer could not open search page", I am really pissed of with this message, Can anyone help me please Thanks well in advance Andy

No Search for Internet Explorer! [ 5 Answers ]

I canīt access search sites (like www.google.com) from my internet explorer, and some other sites as well (like www.submarino.com.br). I reinstalled the browser already, but I'm still canīt access them. Please, I don't want to format my HD and reinstall XP, someone HELP ME!!

Internet Explorer Home Page [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I log onto to a particular program it automatically changes my Home page on Internet Explorer. Without naming the program I can only mention that It allows me to download music. How can I make my Home Page irreplaceable? MB

View more questions Search