Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SoftSummer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Feb 22, 2012, 12:00 PM
    Struggling To Get Over Someone
    So, about a year and a half ago I ran into this guy at a camp that I was attending. Well, afterwards we ran into each other at a restaurant, he invited me over, and ever since I've had this huge crush on him! When I'd run into him I'd want to see him but then I wouldn't want to see him. He just really made me nervous! So... we'd have run ins here and there, and every now and then if we were at the same restaurant we'd eat together. But that was about it. One day when a run in like that happened, a girl walked in, and he introduced me to her. She so happened to be from my hometown and we even knew a few of the same people and that was about it. About two months later, next you you know he gets into this relationship and it ends up being with the girl he introduced me to! It sucks sometimes because at one point he was somewhat of a friend and on top of that, I'm still a little sweet on him. How do I manage to fully let that crush go and just move on with my life without thinking about him everyday?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2012, 12:43 PM
    He's with someone else.

A crush is a crush,a learning experience.

Time to let go of the fantasy and start building a real life.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2012, 12:28 AM
    Time will let the crush go. There is nothing wrong with a crush being there, it is completely normal. Just continue living your life, and most importantly, do NOT let a crush turn into an obsession. Then you will be in trouble.
    SoftSummer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Feb 23, 2012, 08:07 AM
    So like, what if it sort of already crossed the obsession line? It's actually been far worse. I feel like the obsession is like, on a downward curve now so I'm happy about that but like, are there any other steps that I can take to make the final strides out of that obsessive phase? I mean, I'm not crazy obsessive. Like, I never contact him or anything.

So Tired of Being Single

Okay. Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong with me. I'm in college and I have yet to find a boyfriend, or a boyfriend has yet to find me! I just feel like I'm really ready for a relationship at this point in my life but so things still haven't come through. Is there like, something wrong with me? I'd like to think that I'm a nice person. And not trying to be funny, but I'm not ugly. I'm smart and when you get to know me I have a sense of humor. But still, nothing has panned out so far. Even though I feel like everyone else is in a relationship except for me, I know that that's not the case. However, I just think that it would be nice to have that type of companionship you know? What the hell is wrong with me?
    jenny4602 Posts: 4, Reputation: 4

Feb 24, 2012, 01:08 PM
    Just be patient. You sound like a very sweet person. You remind me of my daughter. Don't be in a hurry to find a boyfriend, because that's when you don't think and rush into things, and you don't want to do that. Don't worry there is someone special out there just for you, just concentrate on the people that love you right now, like your family. Just be wise on making any decisions. Concentrate on school and your future. Hang in there.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2012, 04:54 PM
    What's the rush? Enjoy your singleship, once you are in a relationship you might miss it.

However, if you really want one, one will come, just make sure you are patient, and you let someone in. Be careful of who you let in.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 25, 2012, 04:45 PM
    There is nothing wrong with you at all. Its just you have to enjoy being single until you get the options, and opportunities to form a relationship. Its not hard, just build a social life that has family, friends, and plenty of fun activities, and be open to explore new and different things within your own boundaries of good behavior and common sense.

I think you just not get to down as you adjust to the disappointment of your crush choosing some one else. It happens a lot to all of us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am struggling in college [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am a first year college student at a community college and I find myself struggling. I breezed through my senior year in high school despite being sent out to live on my own halfway through the school year at 17 years old. I overcame many difficulties and setbacks just to get into school,...

Struggling, struggling, struggling [ 14 Answers ]

I am a mother of 2 and moved from another country to USA almost a year ago. I'm really struggling. This is my husbands home-territory, but even he is struggling too. I am working full-time, but I can't seem to get into the groove of my new job, and I make constant small mistakes, which a...

I'm struggling. [ 11 Answers ]

I've always been quite good at school. In junior high I excelled in just about every subject. When I got to ninth grade, I noticed a drop in a few grades (science and math, mostly.) and as far as my sophomore year, I started failing more and more classes. This year (my junior year.) I'm not passing...

Almost 13 and struggling [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm new to this and want to ask about my daughter. She is almost 13, with all new friends that I don't know, and has recently been diagnosed with add. Her grades and organization are bad, but Tuesday we started her on medication for add and are hoping that it will make a difference. My...

Anyone else struggling? [ 25 Answers ]

Hi all. I know that most of us here are going through breakups and I wonder if anyone else has been going through periods of feeling like you are over it one week, then tempted to contact your ex the next week? I am just going through a cycle lately where one minute I will feel that I am over him...

View more questions Search