Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myarttherepy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 05:38 PM
    How do I tell my mom that I cut and hate everything about this house?
    I live in a trailor with my brothers, mother, and grandma. Everyday is a struggle to not cry. Its not like my mom doesn't know that my grandma screams at us and call us names, she's just always at work. I hate it here, I truly do, I'm in the middle of my freshman year and I want help. I've been cutting since seventh grade. I'm just afraid of her getting mad if I spoke my mind(cause she has before).
    Traceysquires Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Feb 16, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Personally I'd go seek help from a professional and let them deal with your mum and pus find it a lot easier to talk about you're issues with them too :)
    Jojo1290 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 06:16 PM
    Speak to your school counselor. If you feel that you are being abused in any way at home, you need to reach out for help. Abuse comes in many forms, and verbal abuse can be very brutal. If no one else knows, then nobody can help you. Be strong and don't be afraid. You are doing the right thing for the safety and well being of yourself and your siblings. I hope this helps :)
    kcthatsme Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Feb 17, 2012, 11:44 AM
    I agree with Jojo1290... you should definitely go talk to your school counselor. If there is abuse going on in your house, they are obligated by law to report it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2012, 03:14 PM
    First no you can talk to her, but not "speak your mind" to argue back. Often older people yell to get kids to do things, esp in some ethnic groups. Are you going hungry ? Are you being beaten? Just talk to mom
    myarttherepy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
    Well I don't really feel that I'm being abused. I just hate her for yelling at me and my brothers for the most stupidest things. Im not going hungry and I'm not being beaten. I don't know... I guess I'm just some dumb teenager huh.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2012, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by myarttherepy View Post
    for yelling at me and my brothers for the most stupidest things.
    Such as what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my mom hate me? [ 1 Answers ]

I was born 1987 and my mom 1969, I never had a mother daughter relationship with my mom, she always loved the party life style and then she would dump me and my sister with my ill grand mother and our aunts and when she does come visit it will be my younger sister that will get all the bigger and...

I'm 14 and my mom hate me? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I've done some bad things and now my mom is very very very angry with me what can I do to make her forgive me I've written letters and done all the things she has asked but not even a little forgiveness the bad things I've done are having a bad attitude being rude to her and my teachers...

Where can I find a cheap locksmith to cut house keys? I have about 10 to cut [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a cheap place to cut house keys

Does my mom hate me [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I the oldest and only girl out of my mothers children but it seems as though my mother only picks on me. If we were having a conversation and I said something funny she would turn her nose up and talk over me. But if it were one of my younger brothers she woulde think it was the funniest...

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

View more questions Search