Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    booouuger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 08:05 AM
    My boyfriend constantly wants to be with me!
    I have been with him for 2 and a half years. I have always been very independent, I looooove time alone. I love to be home by myself to think and just hang out with the cat. He, on the other hand, is very clingy. He wants to be with me allll the time. He wants to snuggle alll the time. He's constantly wanting a kiss, or a hug, or a snuggle. I can't stand it! (yes, the roles are a bit reversed between us). Also, I only see him on the weekends. Which is why it's been able to last for so long, (in my opinion). So every time I tell him that I want my space, he goes on to say, "you've had your space ALL week!" (I live with my mum during the week while I work and go to college, and I go see my boyfriend and my cat on weekends).

Anyway. I love him and all, but I don't know what to do. It's getting pretty bad. We just bought a house and all I do is cook and clean and do laundry. By the end of the day, I just want to go to bed, (by myself), and SLEEP!

What to do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2012, 10:50 AM
    This is the issue, after two years he is looking most likely for more. Which is normal and to be expected. What is gong to happen at the point he wants to live with you full time, which is where this and other relationships go.

What he is wanting after being apart all week is basically normal honestly. Are you really ready for a long term relationship.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 14, 2012, 11:10 AM
    It sounds like you are his maid and booty call on the weekends. Get him involved in the cooking, cleaning, and laundry. If he objects, tell him many of the world's chefs are male. He can also shove the vacuum around and empty wastebaskets and even wipe up the bathroom. He can fold clean clothes and towels and put them away (neatly).

Does he keep house fairly well all week, and you are just putting your signature on the household? Or is he a slob, and you show up on weekends to shovel out the place?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 14, 2012, 05:23 PM
    Get your cat and go home, and get a boyfriend who is cool with being a weekend thing. After two years that weekend thing gets really OLD!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2012, 05:28 PM
    It seems like you want to be alone, then do so. Either you setup an arrangement where you are alone and see him sparsingly, or you just break up with him. Remember that if he doesn't get that attention he will also be miserable, I would recommend finding someone that has their own life as you do.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 24, 2012, 03:34 PM
    How much longer do you plan to keep up two homes? How long is your weekend with him? Do you spend from From Friday night until Monday morning with him or is your time with shorter (say getting there Saturday and going back to your mother's Sunday night?)

Does he do anything to the house while you are at your mother's? What has your arrangement for chores been?

I am going to be blunt. Are you using him to get some distance from your mother and her house? When you go 'home', is it to spend time with him or to get away from your other 'home'?

If he did more during the week, would you be less stressed and tired or would you be redoing everything the way you want it done? Can you find a compromise where he gives you some de-stressing time and then you spend time together? How much of a social life does he have during the week? Perhaps, he could see friends and give you some 'alone' time.

Have you looked at the situation from his point of view? He hasn't seen you all week. He wants to spend time with the woman he loves and who he has bought a house with. The woman whose cat he see more than her. If you were the one living by yourself and he flew in for a visit on the weekends, how would you feel when he wants to spend time with his cat instead of you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lied to my boyfriend and now I constantly feel sick [ 18 Answers ]

This is the first time that I've really ever used a site like this but I've really got no where else to turn to without a fear that he might somehow find out about it. I'm seventeen and I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for a little over a year. We are already planning on going to...

My boyfriend and his 12yr old daughter kiss,hug and cuddle constantly.Is this normal? [ 17 Answers ]

We are both 40 and although I get all the attention in the world from my boyfriend of 15 months, it grosses me out to see him and his daughter kiss (on the lips) and hug and the "I love you's" that are constant between them, whom he has 50% of the time. The biggest gross-out for me is the cuddling...

Live in boyfriend - doesn't touch me, constantly fighting [ 15 Answers ]

Seeking Advice: I have been with my boyfriend for one year this new years and we will have lived together for six months at that point. I am deeply concerned about the state of our relationship as we fight almost daily and frequently talk about breaking up. We were, at one point, deeply and...

Boyfriend constantly talking about expartners [ 3 Answers ]

My new boyfriend of 2 weeks is constantly talking about his exgirlfriends and their children. Mostly he is speaking negatively of them. This is really starting to annoy and anger me. Should I approach him about this, and how? This happens every night when we are together even though we start...

View more questions Search