Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Papergirl30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 12:45 PM
    What to do when a dog attacks another dog in the same household?
    What do you do when your dog attacks its (mother dog)?
    Stix2thaBrix Posts: 14, Reputation: -3

Jan 25, 2012, 01:04 PM
    If it's a continuous problem then you may want to consider keeping them separated or getting rid of one. You may try some obedience training.
    kacieyoung Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2012, 11:45 AM
    The most useful thing I have found that works on an aggressive dog is a shock collar. Praise your dog when it is playing or being nice to the other dogs, but when it starts getting aggressive, give it a little shock. Also if it is a male dog, think about getting him neutered, that is very helpful also.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Feb 14, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Do not use a shock collar if you are not trained in how to use it properly! It can do more harm than good if used incorrectly.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 14, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Carefully observe BOTH dogs. I have seen my guy attack him mate but it was instegated by the mate giving him "the eye." If a dog thinks he is about to ge attacked he might just do his own attack. Shock or E collars do work but you must know what you are doing. The dog must be shocked or stimulated the instant the behavior happens, waiting even 30 seconds and you will mess his head.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When my dog panics it attacks the doors how can I stop this [ 1 Answers ]

My 5 year old border collie is a rescue dog we have had him for 2 years. He is great except when the door bell rings or the smoke alarm goes off he will attack the doors. I now have 3 badly chewed doors and would like to cure this before we replace the doors. Any ideas on how we can deal with...

My new dog attacks my other dog. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I have a dog problem and hope someone can help! I have a 7 year old dog and have recently got a 2 year old from a rescue home. They play around together most of the time but every now and then the new dog will randomly attack my other dog. She has drawn blood on him and it is defo not...

1 1/2 year old cat suddenly attacks dog? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I got our cat when she was a kitten. She's about a year and a half old the dog is about seven. They have got along fine till today. One min. she's fine the next min she freaks out and starts attacking the dog. The only thing I can think of is, I think she's going into heat, but she's...

Dog attacks owner for items that doesn't belong to him [ 23 Answers ]

My dog has been getting violent with me when I touch his food tray and water bowl. I think I understand why that happens. But now when I by accident drop something that belongs to me in front of him, I get scare. When I try to pick the item up, he growls and snaps at me. I always have to distract...

Puppy attacks older dog [ 1 Answers ]

Our new puppy (lab mix) 5 months, has started attacking our 14 yr.old lab mix when I am close to both of them. The puppy is a sweat heart except for this. We also have a 3 yr old lab that the pup is fine with. Is this a alpha thing?

View more questions Search