Ask
    JohnGault Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 06:22 PM
    How do you balance a blower wheel
    Does anyone know how to balance a furnace blower wheel
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
    If your blower wheel is out of balance it maybe from the dust collected in the cups of the blower wheel, some times you can just clean them to balance it out. They do make a kits(weights) to help balance the wheel but your better of to just replace it. A new blower wheel over the Internet for residential units may run between $35 and $75.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2012, 06:57 AM
    If the problem isn't dust and crux on the vanes, it is almost impossible to DIY. Replace it.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2012, 04:31 PM
    If your time is worth anything at all,the way is remove wheel,, get an exact replacement ,install new wheel and throw the old one away
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 04:47 PM
    I agree with all above answers. Clean it up, and if it still isn't quite right, just get a new one. It would even cost more to send it in to have it balanced vs replacing it. Now, are you sure it's the blower wheel, or could the bearings of the motor be going bad?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower wheel [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older Sears 15 gas furnace with air conditioning. The only info I can find on the air handler is the sears fifteen, no other model or serial. My blower wheel is falling apart. I have the dimensions of the original wheel (10 1/4" dia, 8" width with a 1/2" bore. Local shops want more info...

Balancing a blower wheel [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I replaced a blower motor and the blower wheel on a Carrier 58PAV135-20. The job was successful, but I noticed the blower wheel has a minor wobble as it turns. I believe it has to do with the way the motor is mounted. Does anyone have a tip or trick about how to get everything...

Blower wheel gets too hot [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older Carrier WeatherMaker 1 rooftop unit. I replaced the blower wheel for the vent but the wheel get red hot. I don't really think this is supposed to happen. The blower wheel is a Fasco 1-6052, CW rotation and blows really well. I had replaced the ignition module before this and then...

Carrier blower wheel [ 1 Answers ]

I need the size for a Carrier blower wheel , for model 40YAF060300,serial # 2891H03430.

View more questions Search