Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fotokid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 09:30 PM
    I think my Lab ate one of my diuretic pills. What should I watch for?
    Diuretic pills for humans. My dog ate one. What to watch for
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 06:25 AM
    In the 9 hour period since this was posted you should have noticed that your dog needed to go out more to urinate. You may want to keep a gatorade type sports drink on hand since most diuretics will also rid the body of sodium, potassium or both. Make sure she has plenty of water to replenish herself and watch for any signs of reaction such as facial swelling, hives, difficulty breathing, weakness, etc. If you notice that your dog is off or just not right, call your vet.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2012, 09:42 AM
    I would think one pill wouldn't effect him since most pills have to build up in the system for it to do anything... But, I'd follow the advice given above just in case your dog does have a reaction.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Feb 12, 2012, 06:39 PM
    Not so, lucky... Lasix, a common and fairly popular diuretic, works quickly, in a matter of an hour, and lasts about 4 hours. I refer to it as p***-quick. But, most diuretics for high blood pressure is a more gently acting, taking 4 to 6 hours to work and lasting about 12 hours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 year old lab losing weight as if he never ate but eats everyday and swollens paws [ 1 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP my buddy is hurting he is a 3 year old yellow lab and he is fed everyday and is losing weight as if he was never fed. Now his paws are swollen and having trouble walking cause of it

My lab is 11 month old lab is scared of the stairs [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 11 month old lab that is scared of the stairs the reason is he broke his leg on the stairs on my deck when he was 10 weeks old I have tried treats on each stair his favorite toy he will go up with a push on the butt but will not go down he even shakes when I carry him down the stairs to...

Almost ate a maggot! [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a banquet frozen meal (chicken sticks with mac and cheese and a brownie on the side) Well I wanted to save the desert for last and it was my last bite of the whole meal I saw something in the corner, it was yellowish and obviuisly diff textured I put it in the plate again and poked it...

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

Lab ate a rock [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 month old lab threw up a good sized rock in the middle of the night. He seems to be fine now but should I be concerned about anything internal that may have been hurt?

View more questions Search