Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mccutcer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Translation from English to Sanskrit, Tamil or Bengali
    I was wondering if anyone could help me translate the phrase "Open your eyes" into Sanskrit, Tamil or Bengali. I recently took a journey to India and should have had someone translate it while I was there, but did not think of it. The Tamil and Bengali scripts I saw were so beautiful... Sanskrit as well.

I've tried some online translators... but I have only been able to get the individual words, which I don't think would be correct as it is a phrase. I'd like to get it as acurate as possible.

Also, if you could give me the words along with the script, that would be helpful.

Thanks so much!

Erin
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 01:47 AM
    Hi, Erin!

I seem to have had some reasonably good success using the following site. Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit I do wish that we had a designated expert here in translating words into Sanskrit or other languages. However, every once in awhile someone does show up who really knows their stuff about translating written words from other languages into the written Sanskrit at least. Hopefully, someone like that will come along and notice your post.

You may have to try the site above in the different ways that are available and maybe also try some things that is suggested on it in order for you to be successful.

There is also another site that you could try. It would be the following one. Free Online Translations to Sanskrit, Hindi & Marathi for Tattoos, Names & Sentences

I think that the guy that runs it is the same one that comes around here, now and then, to answer very finely concerning questions like the one that you have.
    mccutcer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, Erin!

I seem to have had some reasonably good success using the following site. Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit I do wish that we had a designated expert here in translating words into Sanskrit or other languages. However, every once in awhile someone does show up who really knows their stuff about translating written words from other languages into the written Sanskrit at least. Hopefully, someone like that will come along and notice your post.

You may have to try the site above in the different ways that are available and maybe also try some things that is suggested on it in order for you to be successful.

There is also another site that you could try. It would be the following one. Free Online Translations to Sanskrit, Hindi & Marathi for Tattoos, Names & Sentences

I think that the guy that runs it is the same one that comes around here, now and then, to answer very finely concerning questions like the one that you have.

Those websites do not work for phrases generally, and I am not looking for an online automatic translation as I am worried that will not be correct grammatically. If someone actually speaks and writes these languages, that would be helpful.

Thanks for the response, though!
    drkpp Posts: 670, Reputation: 21

Jul 17, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mccutcer
    I was wondering if anyone could help me translate the phrase "Open your eyes" into Sanskrit, Tamil or Bengali. I recently took a journey to India and should have had someone translate it while I was there, but did not think of it. The Tamil and Bengali scripts I saw were so beautiful... Sanskrit as well.

I've tried some online translators... but I have only been able to get the individual words, which I don't think would be correct as it is a phrase. I'd like to get it as acurate as possible.

Also, if you could give me the words along with the script, that would be helpful.

Thanks so much!

Erin
    open your eyes = तव नेत्रे उन्मील
    VSPrasad Posts: 108, Reputation: 10

Jul 30, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Thava unmiilane

http://spokensanskrit.de/index.php?s...e&direction=ES
    krishveera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 11:23 PM
    Tamil Meaning

open your eyes = "ungal kangalai thirangal"

Ungal = Your

Kan = eye, kangalai = eyes (plural)

thirangal = open
    brockishere Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 11:14 PM

Hi, can anyone help me to translate "We square Potential" in Sanskrit. It will be a great help.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2010, 01:34 AM
    Hi, brockishere!

This is the very old and archived thread of someone else. This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. New question need to be asked by starting new threads.

If you would like your question to be recognized as being your own and noticed the most, it would be best if you would start a new thread.

Thanks!
    brockishere Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 01:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, brockishere!

This is the very old and archived thread of someone else. This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. New question need to be asked by starting new threads.

If you would like your question to be recognized as being your own and noticed the most, it would be best if you would start a new thread.

Thanks!
    Thanks Clough...

Jul 27, 2010, 01:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brockishere View Post
    Hi, can anyone help me to translate "We square Potential" in Sanskrit. It will be a great help.
    You mean: "We increase potential"
    Also we as in we two or we many?
    Potential means strength?
    swapankmahato Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2011, 06:30 AM
    Presidents of india

Dr. Rajendra Prasad

Date of Birth : Dec 3, 1884
    Date of Death : Feb 28, 1963
    Place of Birth : Zeradei, Bihar
    Tenure Order : 1st President
    -- More

Dr.Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan

Date of Birth : Sept 5, 1888
    Date of Death : April 17, 1975
    Place of Birth : Tiruttani, Madras
    Tenure Order : 2nd President
    -- More

Dr.Zakir Hussain

Date of Birth : Feb 8, 1897
    Date of Death : May 3, 1969
    Place of Birth : Hyderabad
    Tenure Order : 3rd President
    -- More

Justice Mohd. Hidayatullah

Date of Birth : Dec 17, 1905
    Date of Death : -
    Place of Birth : Maharashtra
    Tenure Order : Jul 20, 1969
    -- More

Varahagiri Venkatagiri

Date of Birth : Aug 10, 1894
    Date of Death : 1980
    Place of Birth : Orissa
    Tenure Order : Aug 24, 1969
    -- More

Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed

Date of Birth : May 13, 1905
    Date of Death : Feb 11, 1977
    Place of Birth : Delhi
    Tenure Order : 5th President
    -- More

B.D.Jatti

Date of Birth : Sep 10, 1912
    Place of Birth : Karnataka
    Tenure Order : Feb 11, 1977
    -- More

Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy

Date of Birth : May 19, 1913
    Place of Birth : Andhra Pradesh
    Tenure Order : 6th President
    -- More

Giani Zail Singh

Date of Birth : May 5, 1916
    Date of Death : Dec 25, 1994
    Place of Birth : Faridkot
    Tenure Order : July 25, 1982
    -- More

R.Venkataraman

Date of Birth : Dec 4, 1910
    Place of Birth : Tamil Nadu
    Tenure Order : 8th President
    -- More

Dr.Shanker Dayal Sharma

Date of Birth : Aug 19, 1918
    Date of Death : Dec 26, 1999
    Place of Birth : India
    Tenure Order : 9th President
    -- More

K.R.Narayan

Date of Birth : Oct 27, 1920
    Place of Birth : Kerala
    Tenure Order : July 25, 1997
    -- More

Dr. A.P.J. Adbul Kalam

Date of Birth : Oct 15, 1931
    Tenure Order : July 25, 2002
    -- More

Pratibha Patil

Date of Birth : Dec 19, 1934
    Place of Birth : Nadgaon, Maharashtra
    Tenure Order : July 25, 2007
    -- More

Dr. Rajendra Prasad
    Date of Birth : Dec 3, 1884
    Date of Death : Feb 28, 1963
    Place of Birth : Zeradei, Bihar
    Tenure Order : 1st President
    Took Office : Jan 26, 1950
    Left Office : May 13, 1962
    Successor : Dr.S Radhakrishnan

Presidents of India
    • Dr. Rajendra Prasad

• Dr.Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan

• Dr.Zakir Hussain

• Justice Mohd. Hidayatullah

• Varahagiri Venkatagiri

• Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed

• B.D.Jatti

• Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy

• Giani Zail Singh

• R.Venkataraman

• Dr.Shanker Dayal Sharma

• K.R.Narayan

• Dr. A.P.J. Adbul Kalam

• Pratibha Patil

Dr. Rajendra Prasad was the first President of India. Rajendra Prasad was a great freedom-fighter, and the architect of the Indian Constitution, having served as President of the Constituent Assembly that drafted the Constitution of the Republic from 1948 to 1950. He had also served as a Cabinet Minister briefly in the first Government of Independent India. He was a crucial leader of the Indian Independence Movement. Prasad was born in Jiradei, in the Siwan district of Bihar. His father, Mahadev Sahay, was a Persian and Sanskrit language scholar; his mother, Kamleshwari Devi, was a devout lady who would tell stories from the Ramayana to her son. At the age of 5, the young Rajendra Prasad was sent to a Maulavi for learning Persian. After that he was sent to Chapra Zilla School for further primary studies.

He was married at the age of 12 to Rajvanshi Devi. He then went on to study at R.K. Ghosh's Academy in Patna to be with his older brother Mahendra Prasad. Soon afterward, however, he rejoined the Chapra Zilla School, and it was from there that he passed the entrance examination of Calcutta University, at the age of 18. He stood first in the first division of that examination. He then joined the Presidency College, Calcutta. He was initially a student of science and his teachers included J.C.Bose and Prafulla Chandra Roy. Later he decided to switch his focus to the arts. Acharya Prafulla Chandra Roy, who was impressed by his intellect and dedication asked him on the occasion "Why have you deserted your class?." Prasad lived with his brother in the Eden Hindu Hostel. A plaque still commemorates his stay in that room. He had been initiated into the Swadeshi movement by his brother. He then joined the Dawn Society run by Satish Chandra Mukherjee, and Sister Nivedita. In 1911, he joined the A.I.C.C. However, his family estate was in bad condition. He was looked upon as the provider. But he sought permission from his brother in a letter to join the Indian freedom movement. He wrote, "Ambitions I have none, except to be of some service to the Motherland". The shock of his brother, however, held him to the family. In 1916, Rajendra Prasad joined the High Court of Bihar, and Orissa. Such was his intellect and his integrity, that often when his adversary failed to cite a precedent, the judges asked Rajendra Prasad to cite a precedent against himself. After meeting Mahatma Gandhi, he quit as a Senator of the University, much to the regret of the British Vice-Chancellor.He also responded to the call by the Mahatma to boycott Western education by asking his son Mrityunjaya Prasad, a brilliant student to drop out of the University and enroll himself in Bihar Vidyapeeth, an institution he had along with his colleagues founded on the traditional Indian model. He wrote articles for Searchlight and the Desh and collected funds for these papers. He toured a lot, explaining, lecturing and exhorting. When the earthquake of Bihar occurred on January 15, 1934, Rajendra Prasad was in jail. He was released two days later. He set himself for the task of raising funds. The Viceroy had also raised a fund. However, while Rajendra Prasad's fund collected over 38 Lakhs (Rs. 3,800,000), the Viceroy could only manage one-third of that amount. The way relief was organized left nothing to be desired. Nationalist India expressed its admiration by electing him to the President of the Bombay session of the Indian National Congress.

After India became independent he was elected the President of India. As President, he used his moderating influence so silently and unobtrusively that he neither reigned nor ruled. His sister Bhagwati Devi died on the night of 25 January 1960. She doted on her dearly-loved younger brother. It must have taken Rajendra Prasad all his will power to have taken the Republic Day salute as usual, on the following day. It was only on return from the parade that he set about the task of cremation. In 1962, after 12 years as President, he announced his decision to retire. He was subsequently awarded the Bharat Ratna, the nation's highest civilian award. Within months of his retirement, early in September 1962, his wife Rajvanshi Devi passed away. In a letter written a month before his death to one devoted to him, he said, "I have a feeling that the end is near, end of the energy to do, end of my very existence". He died on 28 February 1963 with 'Ram Ram Ram' on his lips. Because of the enormous public adulation he enjoyed, he was referred to as Desh Ratna or the Jewel of the country. His legacy is being ably carried forward by his great grandson Ashoka Jahnavi-Prasad, a psychiatrist and a scientist of international repute who introduced sodium valproate as a safer alternative to lithium salts in the treatment of bipolar disorders.
    Dr.Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
    Date of Birth : Sep 5, 1888
    Date of Death : Apr 17, 1975
    Place of Birth : Tiruttani, Madras
    Tenure Order : 2nd President
    Took Office : May 13, 1962
    Left Office : May 13, 1967
    Successor : Dr. Zakir Hussain

Presidents of India
    • Dr. Rajendra Prasad

• Dr.Zakir Hussain

• Varahagiri Venkatagiri

• Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed

• B.D.Jatti

• Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy

• Giani Zail Singh

• R.Venkataraman

• K.R.Narayan

• Dr. A.P.J. Adbul Kalam

• Pratibha Patil

Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan is best known as the man who introduced the thinking of western idealist philosophers into Indian thought. He was an Oxford don who became the first Vice President and the second President of India. He was born at Tiruttani, 64 km to the northeast of Madras in South India. His mother tongue was Telugu. His early years were spent in Tiruttani, Tiruvallur and Tirupati. His primary education was in Gowdie School, Tiruvallur. He graduated with a Master's Degree in Arts from Madras University. In 1921, he was appointed to the most important philosophy chair in India, King George V Chair of Mental and Moral Science in the University of Calcutta. Radhakrishnan represented the University of Calcutta at the Congress of the Universities of the British Empire in June 1926 and the International Congress of Philosophy at Harvard University in September 1926. In 1929, Radhakrishnan was invited to take the post vacated by Principal J. Estin Carpenter in Manchester College, Oxford. This gave him the opportunity to lecture to the students of the University of Oxford on Comparative Religion. He was knighted in 1931 and was known as Sir Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. He worked as the Vice-Chancellor of Andhra University from 1931 to 1936. In 1936,

Radhakrishnan was named the Spalding Professor of Eastern Religions and Ethics at the University of Oxford and elected a Fellow of All Souls College, a post which he held until he was named the first Vice President of India in 1952. He showed how western philosophers, despite all claims to objectivity, were biased by theological influences from their wider culture. In one of his major works he also showed that Indian philosophy, once translated into standard academic jargon, is worthy of being called philosophy by western standards. His main contribution to Indian thought, therefore, is that he placed it "on the map", thereby earning Indian philosophy a respect that it had not had before. After 1946, his philosophical career was cut short when his country needed him as ambassador to UNESCO and later to Moscow. He was later to become the first Vice-President and finally the President (1962-1967) of India. When he became the President of India in 1962, some of his students and friends requested him to allow them to celebrate his birthday, September 5. He replied, "Instead of celebrating my birthday, it would be my proud privilege if September 5 is observed as Teacher's Day." Since then, Teacher's Day has been celebrated in India. He was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1954. The University of Oxford instituted the Radhakrishnan Chevening Scholarships and the Radhakrishnan Memorial Award in his memory. He also received the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade in 1961.

Dr.Zakir Hussain
    Date of Birth : Feb 8, 1897
    Date of Death : May 3, 1969
    Place of Birth : Hyderabad
    Tenure Order : 3rd President
    Took Office : May 13, 1967
    Left Office : May 3, 1969
    Successor : V V Giri

Presidents of India
    • Dr. Rajendra Prasad

• Dr.Zakir Hussain

• Varahagiri Venkatagiri

• Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed

• B.D.Jatti

• Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy

• Giani Zail Singh

• R.Venkataraman

• K.R.Narayan

• Dr. A.P.J. Adbul Kalam

• Pratibha Patil

Born in 1897 at Hyderabad, Dr Zakir Husain was the third President of India from May 13, 1967 until his death. Hussain was born in Hyderabad, India, where his father had migrated from Uttar Pradesh. He went for higher education to Anglo-Muhammadan Oriental College (now Aligarh Muslim University). He was known even in those days for his love of knowledge, his wit and eloquence and his readiness to help his fellow students. Zakir Husain, then only 23 and a student of the M.A. was among the small group of students and teachers who decided to establish a National Muslim University and named it Jamia Millia Islamia. Zakir Husain's unceasing quest for knowledge also took him to Germany in the 1920's. During his three year stay there, he acquired a deep love for European art and literature on music and he also got a Doctorate from the University of Berlin in Economics. In 1963, he was awarded the highest honour of the land, the Bharat Ratna for his great service to the nation. After serving as the Governor of Bihar from 1957 to 1962, and as the Vice President of India for a term of five years, from 1962 to 1967, Dr. Zakir Husain was elected President of India on May 13, 1967. In his deeply moving inaugural speech he said that the whole of India was his home and all its people were his family. He died in office.

Dr. A.P.J. Adbul Kalam
    Date of Birth : Oct 15, 1931
    Tenure Order : July 25, 2002
    Took Office : Jul 25, 2002
    Left Office : -
    Successor : -

Presidents of India
    • Dr. Rajendra Prasad

• Dr.Zakir Hussain

• Varahagiri Venkatagiri

• Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed

• B.D.Jatti

• Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy

• Giani Zail Singh

• R.Venkataraman

• K.R.Narayan

• Dr. A.P.J. Adbul Kalam

• Pratibha Patil

Dr. A.P.J. Adbul Kalam, the twelfth President of India, is rightfully termed as the father of India's missile technology. He was born to parents Jainulabdeen Marakayar and Ashiamma on 15th October, 1931, at Dhanushkodi in Rameshwaram district, Tamil Nadu. Specialized in Aero Engineering from Madras Institute of Technology, he initially worked in DRDO in 1958 and then joined ISRO in 1963. Dr. Kalam has made significant contribution to Indian satellite and launch vehicles of ISRO and also in the missile programme of DRDO. As project Director, SLV-III, he contributed for the design, development and management of India's first indigenous Satellite Launch Vehicle (SLV-III) to inject Rohini satellite in the near earth orbit. He was responsible for the evolution of ISRO's launch vehicles programme and configurations. He rejoined DRDO in 1982 and conceived the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP) for indigenous missiles. He was Scientific Adviser to Defence Minister and Secretary, Department of Defence Research & Development from July 1992 to December 1999. As Chairman, Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), he generated the Technology Vision 2020 documents - a road map for transforming India from Developing India to Developed India. He provided overall guidance to a number of Homegrown Technology Projects and major technology missions such as Sugar, Advanced Composites and Fly Ash utilization.

Dr. Kalam has served as the Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India, in the rank of Cabinet Minister, from November 1999 to November 2001. He was primarily responsible for evolving policies, strategies and missions for generation of innovations and support systems for multiple applications. Also, generating science and technology task in strategic, economic and social sectors in partnership with Government departments, institutions and industry. Dr. Kalam was also the Chairman, Ex-officio, of the Scientific Advisory Committee to the Cabinet (SAC-C). Dr. Kalam took up academic pursuit as Professor, Technology & Societal Transformation at Anna University, Chennai and involved in teaching and research tasks. Above all he is on his mission to ignite the young minds for national development by meeting high school students across the country. Dr. Kalam was conferred with the Degree of Doctor of Science (D.Sc. Honoris Causa) by 30 universities/academic institutions. He is recipient of several awards including the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration 1997. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam has been awarded Padma Bhushan in 1981, Padma Vibhushan in 1990 and Bharat Ratna in 1997.

Pratibha Patil
    Date of Birth : Dec 19, 1934
    Place of Birth : Nadgaon, Maharashtra
    Took Office : Jul 25, 2007

Presidents of India
    • Dr. Rajendra Prasad

• Dr.Zakir Hussain

• Varahagiri Venkatagiri

• Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed

• B.D.Jatti

• Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy

• Giani Zail Singh

• R.Venkataraman

• K.R.Narayan

• Dr. A.P.J. Adbul Kalam

• Pratibha Patil

Pratibha Patil was born to Narayan Paglu Rao on 19th December 1934 at Nadgaon, Maharashtra. She studied at R.R. School at Jalgaon. She received her M.A. from Mooljee Jaitha (M.J.) College, Jalgaon and obtained a law degree from the Government Law College, Mumbai and practised as an advocate in Jalgaon. Coming from a humble family, her father was a public prosecutor. From social work, she joined the cogress and was elected to the Maharashtra Assembly in 1962 for the first time. Three years later, she married Devisingh Ransingh Shekhawat, a maratha of Rajasthani origin. From 1972 to 1978, Patil was a cabinet minister in Maharashtra. She was the leader of the opposition in the Maharashtra Assembly in 1979. She was elected to the Rajya Sabha in 1985. From 1986 to 1988, she held the post of deputy chairperson of the Rajya Sabha. As a member of parliament, she represented Amravati in the Lok Sabha from 1991 to 1996. She later became the 24th Governor of Rajasthan and, notably, was also the first female governor of this state. And now, she has become the first female President of India on July 25, 2007 and also she is the first maharashtrian to hold this post. She is the proud mother of a son and daughter.

asha.kajal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Computer is an electronic device or machine.
    rahul76221 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 06:03 AM
    Squirrel eats salt in sanskrit spoken

Apr 9, 2012, 06:40 AM
    In Sanskrit: Open your eyes = तव नेत्रे उन्मील
    tipunag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 02:26 AM
    Bengali Translation for " open your eyes
    Neejer chokh kholo or নিজের চোখ খোল
    jainish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 04:58 AM
    Anceint Glory of Somnath Temple

Known as prabhAsa kshetra, Somnath occupied a much esteemed place in the Hindu holy places. It finds many references in the purANas & itihAsas.

The inner temple of the Garbhashay was supported to be aglow with the luster of these gemstones. The Nanda Deep was always kept lighted with Kannauji attar. The treasure of the temple was forever full of vast wealth and was kept safe.

For worship of the Lord-and Abhishek (worship with holy water) sandalwood scented water was brought from Haridwar, Prayag Kashi every day. However flowers for special festivities were imported from Kashmir. For the routine daily worship, one thousand Brahmins were appointed. About three hundred and fifty dancing girls were appointed for the regular music and dance concerts that took place in the Temple courts.

This religious place of worship was earning the produce of ten thousand villages. Among the twelve JyotirLingas (Lingas of light) Somanath is considered as the primary one. Because this deity is supposed to be Swayanbhu (self-born) and is always awake, lakhs of devotees visited this temple and considered themselves blessed and to have achieved piety. Offerings made by crores of devotees amounted to crores of rupees which kept the Temple always rich and abundant. Along with this, the Sun worshipping foreigners (probably Parsis) also contributed a pat of their profits to the temple treasury which kept its coffers full, all the time. Somnath temple, Gujarat photo
    Sthala purANa of Lord Somnath temple

Chandra, (moon) was the first one to receive the benefic boon of Shri Somanath of Saurashtra, the Shiva pilgrimage, Agni Teerth and Surya Teerth. Then Chandra built a beautiful golden temple and put a glorious JyotirLinga in it, the first of its kind in India.

According to Prabhaskhand of Skanda Purana, the legend goes like this:

Chandra married the twenty seven daughters (stars) of Daksha, but was very partial and showed lot more love and affection to rohini. The remaining twenty six wives not only felt neglected but also insulted. They were disappointed with their husband and went and complained to their father. Daksha was upset to see his daughters suffer thus, and tried twice to convince his son-in-law to change himself, but in vain. He put a curse on him that Chandra would be decreasing in size.

The Devas (Celestial gods) were very sad at Chandras plight and went to Brahma. The Creator, in order to find out a remedy for this condition of Chandra and get a solution for redressing the curse. Brahma told them that the only way out was to worship Vrishabhdhwaj Shankar at Prabhas Kshetra Mahamrityunjay. Chandra went on a penance for six months and prayed to Lord Shiva, at the end of which Shankara appeared before him. He gave Chandra the boon that in a month, he would grow for fifteen days in one half and in the other half he would keep losing one Kala (shade) per day and decrease in size. He was pleased with the Devas and in order to increase the prestige of the place, Lord Shiva Himself came to be known as Someshwar, meaning famous moon (Soma). The Devas established a Someshwar Kund there. By taking a holy dip in this pond or Kund, it is believed that one would obtain release from all the sins. Somnath temple, Alalya bai build temple, Gujarat photo

Chandra or moon is also called Som. That is why this JyotirLinga has become famous as Somanath. Chandra or moon looks very bright here. Therefore, this place is also known as Prabhasapattana.

Later, Shri Somnath Mandir was built by Ravana fro Rupa in the treda yug and Lord Krishna fro Chandran in . Emperor vikramAditya built the temple in the kali yug.
    Troubled times and Hindu Resilience in rebuilding the great temple of Somnath

This grand temple of Somanath came under the attack of the Muslims several times. In the year 722, Junamad, the Sindh Subedar attacked it for the first time and looted innumerable items from its treasure.

The beautiful statue of Somanath, can be seen from the center because of the miraculous magnetic power. Ghajni Mohammed, destroyed this statue on Friday, the 11th of May 1025 AD. From then onwards, Ghajni Mohammed came to be known as the Statute Destroyer (Iconoclast). On that day, he plundered and looted a treasure worth 18 crores.

In 1297 AD, Allauddin Kkhiji sent his Sardar Altaf Khan to Somanath on a mission of destroying and putting down the Somanath Mandir. The Somanath Temple was subjected to series of attacks starting in 1479 AD by Mohammad Begada, Mujaffar Shah, II, in 1503 AD, and finally by Aurangazeb, known to be the most intolerant towards other religions, in 1701 AD, where in, the temple was totally destroyed, plundered and looted in a most horrible way. A large number of people were killed mercilessly and a lot of money stolen.

In 1783 AD Sadhvi Alalya devi Holkar, a great devotee of Siva, built a new temple for Somanath after India become independent, the lion of Gujarat, Sardar Vallabhai Patel renovated the Somanath Temple on the advice of Kakashaheb Gadgil of Maharashtra with its revived Indian architectural beauty for which it became an unique example. It drew the attention of the world.

The Somanath JyotirLinga statue was reinstated (Pran Pratishta) on Friday the 11th May 1951 at 9.46 A.M. It was done by the then President of India, Honourable Dr. Rajendra Prasad, to the tune of the Veda chanting of Vedamurti Tarka Teertha Lakshman Shastri Joshi, in a grand manner.

This primary JyotirLinga located in India, is the cynosure of all Indian pilgrims. It is always crowded with lakhs of devotees. A large number of Sadhus and pious men can be met there. With the offerings of devotees, the Somanath Temples grandeur is revived. In spite of being subjected to destruction by intolerants, the faith of Indian devotees, dedication and their love was never destroyed. Shri Somanath JyotirLinga stands as the legendary example of the same.

The temples 15th memorial and the ancient monument located on the sea side of Kahiavad near Prabhaspattan. There are many famous mythological stories attached to them. The sun temple is the most ancient of all. There is no presiding deity in it, but the architecture of temple is so exquisite, that even by seeing the ruins one can imagine.

Saint Agastya, is supposed to have drunk the entire sea near Prabhasapattan. Mythological heroes like Janamejaya, Pandavas, Ravana are supposed to have visited Prabhasapattan Teerth. In the month of Magha (sometime in February) on the day of Shivaratri, Somanath JyotirLinga festival is celebrated with great aplomb.
    Indra21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2012, 05:43 AM
    Hi

Can anyone help me to translate the below sentence into hindi or english.

Evvalavu sandhosama iruku, ungala parthadhu. Nalla irukinga. Andha
    Sandhana pottu enakku romba piditta onnu. Udamba nalla gavanichukunga.
    Yedai patriyum kavalai vendam.vvalavu sandhosama iruku,ungala parthadhu. Nalla irukinga. Andha sandhana pottu enakku romba piditta onnu. Udamba nalla gavanichukunga. Yedai patriyum kavalai vendam
    nikhita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Hai
    archu23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2013, 05:49 AM
    Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care, a method of Vedic medicine, provides a solution that is well-known in alternative medicine and natural medicine but has not been adequately utilized by conventional medicine. Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care utilizes a system of Transcendental Meditation, diet, herbal remedies, and exercise to support total human health. According to Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care, a disruption in the bodys inner intelligence is the cause of all diseases. Inner intelligence governs the human body, running the systems of self-repair and homeostatic mechanisms to prevent disease and promote health {Schneider et al. 2006}. Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care separates the human body into 40 areas that each interact and affect each other, creating the inner intelligence. Vedic medicine and Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care develops therapies to treat each of the areas or multiple areas, if needed. Together, the therapies create a total natural-health system, treating conditions with therapies specifically geared to the individual condition.
    Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care, a method of Vedic medicine, provides a solution that is well-known in alternative medicine and natural medicine but has not been adequately utilized by conventional medicine. Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care utilizes a system of Transcendental Meditation, diet, herbal remedies, and exercise to support total human health. According to Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care, a disruption in the bodys inner intelligence is the cause of all diseases. Inner intelligence governs the human body, running the systems of self-repair and homeostatic mechanisms to prevent disease and promote health {Schneider et al. 2006}. Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care separates the human body into 40 areas that each interact and affect each other, creating the inner intelligence. Vedic medicine and Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care develops therapies to treat each of the areas or multiple areas, if needed. Together, the therapies create a total natural-health system, treating conditions with therapies specifically geared to the individual condition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

English to sanskrit translation [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me Translate from ENGLISH TO SANSKRIT the phrase"Believe in yourself and never give up"

English to Sanskrit translation [ 13 Answers ]

Hi- I am wondering if anyone knows the translation into Sanskrit characters for the phrase "Sarvam tam paradat yah anyatra atmanah sarvam veda" (that which you are will come to you, that which you are not will run from you) which comes from the Brahma Sutras. Thanks.

English to sanskrit translation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew how to translate this quote into sanskrit. I was thinking of getting as my tattoo. Thanks. Trust onto to God and he shall direct your path

Translation from english to sanskrit [ 1 Answers ]

Couldyu please tell me how to write in sanskrit "Just Breathe" and "Patience" Thks

Translation of English name into Sanskrit [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, My name is AERIN (pronounced: air-rin). Can anyone please translate it into Sanskrit for me? Thank you so much. Cheers.

View more questions Search