Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhagirath Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 07:53 AM
    Can uk student visa dependent work
    My wife is going to UK for Postgraduate diploma in Business management(With English course).Lenght will be 20/9/2010 to 30/3/2012.
    >can she work there?if yes then how many hours?
    >can her dependent work there?if yes then how many hours?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 11:44 AM

Are the dependants of work permit holders allowed to stay in the United Kingdom?

This page explains if a work permit holder's dependants are allowed to enter and stay in the United Kingdom under their work permit arrangements.
    Dependants

A dependent is a wife, husband, civil partner, same sex partner, unmarried partner and child under the age of 18 years old. The dependent of a work permit holder may be admitted to the United Kingdom. They will be given conditions of stay which do not place any restrictions, other than those that would apply to a resident worker, on employment or engaging in business. This normally applies when a dependent is granted more than six months leave. If they are granted less than six months leave they will not normally be allowed to take up employment. Any dependent children over 18 years old should apply on a separate form and pay the appropriate fee. If you are overseas, you should see the visa services website for further information on how to do this.

The exceptions to this are the dependants of multiple entry work permit holders who, if they wish to accompany a work permit holder to the United Kingdom, must qualify for entry in their own right under another category of the immigration rules.

Source: UK Border Agency | Are the dependants of work permit holders allowed to stay in the United Kingdom?
    soniabarbi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 12:11 PM
    I am doing bsc hons in nursing studies in uk.can my husband join me and after how much time they could apply
    maith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 09:15 AM
    How many hours dependents work in the uk per day

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Can student dependent visa work in the UK [ 16 Answers ]

Greetings! I am going to study in Edinburgh, Scotland for a period of one year. This means that I will be applying for a student visa (Tier 4) for those 12 months. My wife will apply for a student dependent visa. Can a student dependent work there in the UK? :confused: Many Thanks.

Can F1 visa student filing 1040 EZ, claim F2 visa wife as dependent? [ 1 Answers ]

One of my friends has following profile: 1. In US on F1 since 5+ years and an indian citizen. 2. Needs to file 1040 EZ because of SPT. 3. Got married in Dec 2009 4. Wife came to US on F2 in Jan 2010, does not earn and does not have an ITIN Question: Can he file taxes and claim his wife as...

View more questions Search