Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Letsmakelove Posts: 21, Reputation: -2

Feb 3, 2012, 01:05 PM
    Friends with someone who is dragging down my popularity
    Ok so a large kid named Robert is in my class he knits sews and all other art stuff with string he does I am 1 of his only 2 friends now people made a rumor that I like/am dating him (never in 10000000 yes would I do that) so should I stop talking/being friends with him? Help me
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 3, 2012, 01:59 PM
    Popularity comes and goes. People make comments and spread rumors about anything and everything.

Friendships can last lifetime.

It is up to you as to which means more. Which choice makes you feel better about yourself?
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Feb 6, 2012, 03:57 AM
    I had a male friend at school, and there were many rumours we were dating. When someone asks, just say no. Don't let it bother you. If you show that it's bothering you, these people will want to taunt you more, as they'll get entertainment because it's annoying you.

Don't try to be popular. The ones that were popular at my school are now jobless, had babies at 16, and are single parents. Concentrate on studies ;)

X Dani
    ilove_eminem Posts: 32, Reputation: 0

Feb 6, 2012, 06:35 AM
    You know if you stop talking to him, it just shows what kind of a weak person you are.
    This means that being a real person does not matter to you cause you are just focused on being popular
    Which then does not make you different (and a good person) from the rest.
    Who knows he might be the bestest friend you might ever get? I don't think it is wise to do something like that!
    Think of it! Will you feel good hurting him and plus not being yourself?
    As a "REAL" person, friendship should matter to you the most then impressing people (the wrong kind of people who are fake and just look down to another person but themselves)..
    Keep it real,stay unique,stay beautiful in and out!
    ilove_eminem Posts: 32, Reputation: 0

Feb 6, 2012, 06:37 AM
    Popularity comes and goes. People make comments and spread rumors about anything and everything.

Friendships can last lifetime.

It is up to you as to which means more. Which choice makes you feel better about yourself
    Well said cat! I so agree with you:) thumbs up!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2012, 09:15 AM
    Why would you not date him? If he is your friend,( not that you should date friends) but if he is worth having as a friend, if he is a person of value, what is the issue.

You are saying you would not, because of what others are saying, how sad, that you allow opinions of others stop or affect friendships.

People who will talk about you, or make fun of you, will always find something or someone to do it to. They are the ones that have little value and the ones you don't want to be with.
    Letsmakelove Posts: 21, Reputation: -2

Feb 21, 2012, 05:17 PM
    I don't want to get him in trouble I get in trouble 5 times per day at school I don't want home to end up like me he already followed my choice to hate my mom and so now he hates his I don't want him to end up like me I will be at the bar smoking and drinking my problems away and be in jail for vandalism and other crap I repet I don't want him ( nor any one else with a chance for a good life ) to be like me :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you believe in popularity? [ 7 Answers ]

Me personally I think popularity is too overrated and that well just because people are different from others that they shoulden't be picked on and they should get recognition for what they can do and who they are. I know people have their place but who says that they should be organized by quo? I...

Looking for popularity... [ 0 Answers ]

Does anybody out there know who miku is? My friends know about it but I don't! HELP!I found two songs that come up When I typed in Miku but what the hell!

Dragging butt [ 10 Answers ]

Why is my dog dragging her butt like every 3 minutes

Popularity Overload [ 5 Answers ]

Last Monday, I sang in front of the whole school, it felt awsome and ater on in the day I got asked to be in the school band called "Kill Kenny". Great I thought, and then at last period I got told that the school was sending me to syndney because of a video I made. The day was too good to be true....

Popularity [ 2 Answers ]

PopularityWhich is the most popular alternative medicine

View more questions Search