Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lonefenix Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2012, 09:05 PM
    Strong feelings for someone in a relationship
    So about nine months ago I started talking to one of my co-workers, eight of those months we only talked at work, and sometimes we'd chat on Facebook. Recently, specifically three weeks ago she told me she liked me. That's all great and made me very happy because the feeling was mutual, but the problem is she is in a long distance relationship with a guy that lives a few states away and is in the service. They've been together six months and only see each other a few days every couple months.

Anyway, ever since she told me she liked me we've been hanging out more and more, and we're always texting. About 4 days ago I told her in more depth how I felt about her, and that I'd always be there if she needed someone. She responded by saying she'd be with me if she wasn't with him, and that I was such a great friend.

I guess I'm just not sure what to do because everyday for the past few weeks when I wasn't with her I've been completely down and depressed. Let me also point out that I've never had a girlfriend my entire life and I'm 20 years old. Thus far I've held back any physical emotions with her. I would never sink to that level, because I know she is in a relationship. Either way, I don't mind being her friend but I'm only human and I really want more. I've never felt like this about someone before, and I'm really clueless as to what my next move should be.

Do I wait it out and be her friend until or if something happens?

Do I distance myself?

I just don't know... And I really don't want to let go because I really do care for her.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Feb 6, 2012, 03:42 AM
    They've only been together 6 months, so I'd back off and see how their relationship goes. If they don't last, don't steam right in there. Remember, for all we know, they may be perfect for each other. If so, just be happy someone you care for is, well, happy!

You don't sound like an idiot, so I'm sure you'll do the right thing.

X Dani

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strong Feelings [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend and I havin't been dating not that long and when we weren't official he went to the strip club with his good friend. It bothered me but since we weren't even dating at that point I couldn't say anything about it and had to let him go without him knowing it bothered me. Now he...

Feelings getting strong for my friend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I need some help or advice I have had feels for a friend of mine since I met her but at the time she had a boyfriend and was in that relationship for 5 yrs I think and got two young children witch are lovely . She has just spilt up and I have been there for her and she knows I like her and I...

My Boyfriend tells me he has strong feelings for me but doesn't know what he wants no [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend told me that he has strong feelings for me but doesn't know what he wants now. We had an disagreement because I expressed a concern about him being rude and inconsiderate to me lately - not calling and saying good-by before leaving town for a few days and heading straight to the bar...

Strong feelings for my best mate [ 1 Answers ]

Latley I've started feeling something different for my best mate.. we went out for a while about 5year ago then split up.. then became really good friends but my feelings for her I think are much more than just friends... I know she won't even feel the same for me but it really does drive me crazy...

View more questions Search