Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracylynn30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 05:01 PM
    Long time to achieve orgasm
    It takes for a very long time lately to have an orgasm with my husband. What can I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2012, 05:13 PM
    I'd talk to him about the issue - and tell him what you need, like or want. In fact, show him.

Experimentation is always nice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2012, 07:46 PM
    Are you having at least one with foreplay before starting sex? Are you showing him and trying different positions.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Feb 6, 2012, 03:22 AM
    It's all about the foreplay. If you've built up the desire over the day, you're more likely to orgasm quicker. For example, if you have a day off, and he's at work. Spend some of the day preparing the bedroom. Get dressed into something that makes you feel sexy. And when he gets home, surprise him. But don't stop there! Assure him you want prolonged foreplay as you're enjoying it. Also, there are a lot of good books out there that give great tips on how to spice it up. I have shelves full, myself!

And stop worrying about it, if you're relaxed and not concentrating on orgasming, it'll feel better when you do.

X Dani
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 6, 2012, 01:39 PM
    If this is a recent development, what has changed in your lives?

We aren't machines that behave the same way every time for all of our lives. Changes in timing of when you are having sex or where can affect how you respond.

Other factors that can affect your libido and how into sex you are:
    Pregnancy and children
    New residence
    Fear of interruptions
    Fear of being overheard
    Stress
    Medical issues
    Medicines including a change of birth control
    Weight loss or gain
    How you perceive yourself
    How tired you are
    Concern about your partner's health
    Even being worried about your partner's fidelity

Age and general changes that come with getting older. As our hormones change so do our needs and responses.

Doing the same thing over and over again. When you get to intercourse, is it the same thing every time? Do you vary tempo, angle and position? On the other hand, if you do, is there too much variation and/or too often? Just when you are getting into it, he changes pace.

Do you both become focused on the 'goal' of climaxing or are you enjoying being together and the journey?

If this is a major change and most factors have remained the same or if you are concerned, talk to your doctor. Talking to a neutral person may help you clarify what could be bothering you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does it take so long for me to have an orgasm but other times its quick [ 2 Answers ]

When myit boyfriend and II "mess around" sometimes I have an orgasm quickly but other times it seems to take a long time. Why does this happen? There are also times we have anal sex and its very tight but others its loose and we haven't "messed around"sometimes for a couple of days. Please help

Why can't I achieve an orgasm [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having sex with my boyfriend for over a year and a half and I have never achieved an orgasm. We do oral, touching and full sex for countless hours on end and I never climax. We have enough foreplay, we have a great connection, he does everything I want him to, I have tried masterbating...

How can I achieve long term satisfaction from a relationship that has been rocky? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm having some issues in my relationship. I am married, rather young in my lower 20s. I am fit, attractive, and intelligent. (This comes into play later.) Background: I've been cheated on multiple times. My first Fiancé cheated on me our entire relationship, and I didn't know until after. I...

Partner taking too long to orgasm [ 14 Answers ]

The most common sexual disorder in men is premature ejaculation but with my boyfriend it is the complete opposite. I spent two hours stimulating him orally yesterday, TWO hours for him to end up making himself orgasm because I gave up and even then it took him like ten minutes when usually it takes...

Can't achieve orgasm [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 32 year old man, who can get it up, but can't achieve the ultimate goal of an orgasm...

View more questions Search