Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arsalankhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 05:26 AM
    Are muslim women allowed to work ?
    I want to know all conditions in which she is allowed,
    And is the monoey whcich she earns is halal ?
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Feb 4, 2012, 05:50 AM
    Arsalan Khan,

Let me first welcome you to this great site!

Adaab Arz!!

She is allowed to work, in the conditions where she does not violate the religious and moral values of basic Islamism. Yeah, the money, she will earn will be HALAL.

If you have any question regarding what should she wear and how should she behave, you are welcome to ask. Good Luck!
    Mujaweb Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 07:49 PM
    Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The basic principle is that a woman better remain at home, and not go out except for necessary purposes. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance

[al-Ahzaab 33:33].

Although this is addressed to the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), it also applies to the believing women. It is only addressed to the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) because of their honour and status with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and because they are examples for the believing women.

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said concerning a woman's prayer in the mosque: “Their houses are better for them.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (567) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Secondly:

It is permissible for a woman to go out of her house for work, but that is subject to certain conditions. If they are met, it is permissible for her to go out. They are:

- That she needs to work in order to acquire the money she needs, as in your case.

- The work should be suited to the nature of woman, such as medicine, nursing, teaching, sewing, and so on.

- The work should be in a place that is only for women, and there should be no mixing with non-mahram men.

- Whilst at work she should observe complete shar'i hijab.

- Her work should not lead to her travelling without a mahram.

- Her going out to work should not involve committing any haraam action, such as being alone with the driver, or wearing perfume where non-mahrams can smell it.

- That should not lead to her neglecting things that are more essential for her, such as looking after her house, husband and children.

If these conditions are met in your work, then there is nothing wrong with you doing it in sha Allaah.

And Allaah knows best.
    aysedari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 04:30 AM
    Yes they are allowed to work, but if they are not married they can work otherwise when they have child they won't be able to work because they will have to look after their child and they are going have a house they going to do the house cleaning too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are muslim girls allowed to choose their own spouses according to Islam? [ 24 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I'm going to write my whole story otherwise you guys will not understand it. So please forgive me if it is too long. but I'm begging you, give me good advise as I'm living at the moment in hell and have not enough time. I am a muslim girl pray and practis islam. I do love my...

Are muslim women allowed to have male friends [ 3 Answers ]

As Salaam Alaikum I am convert to islam 5 years ago. As Live goes on I gotnow two beatyfull children and very happy whit my faith and believe. However my husband said to me today when I came back from the garden were I was as usually talking to my naighbour for more than 1 hour. I must say wayne...

Why a woman is not allowed to go on funeral or gravyard in muslim? [ 4 Answers ]

Why a woman is not allowed to go on funeral or gravyard in muslim?

View more questions Search